Home

The Little Things EA

This is a discussion on The Little Things EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Exclamation The Little Things EA

I have seen the Dolphins use the wildcat formation but just because it was successful in ONE game for the dolphins does not mean i have to play hundreds of games of madden online worried about someone coming out in a wildcat formation using LT. You will destroy the game EA with this addition just like every addition to the game you make every year(Spec Catch,WR Double Pass,HB Pass,HB Direct Snap,QB Option....etc) and then you just remove them in madden and this has to STOP.

Start Worry about the core parts of the game you have to address such as AI and field degration just the little things that would make a BIG difference in the game. You all at EA Sports continue to attempt to make madden into an arcade style game as if it were street fighter 08 last year adding the silly spectacular catch animation to where gamers can jump on the moon to make a catch. Stop with additions and focus on what you have no and IMPROVE on it rather then add to a game that is seriously destroying itself with every so called "NEW FEATURE".

You had great things going on with madden in years past with newspapers and online franchise mode which your fans like myself loved but its time to go back and get these things and more and just make those better. Please do not add an old feature to the game and slap in bold letters "NEW FEATURE" such as adding the net back to field goals which i feel you will do in madden 2009. Let me ask you a question......When has Bill Belichick ever used Mike Tomlins Playbook? why are people able to use one teams playbook with another? this is why when the direct snap glitch happened people were able to identify it as tampa bays playbook so simply just avoid tampa bay could have been a great option but since you can use any book we had to guess and to force a team to stick to its original playbook makes the game more realistic and like i said before its the little things EA.

NFL 2k5 was a great game from reviews and word of mouth so EA if you would like to keep your customers who already have stopped playing your games you need to start helping yourselves seeing as you cant keep 2k sports out of making football games forever and since i was a DIE HARD nba live fan i thought i would NEVER play another game and i feel i will never play nothing but madden but the funny thing is that is the same thing i said about NBA LIVE..............the clock is ticking EA

Operation Sports Mods please be advised that this is an announcement to EA to help the game and i was not angry while posting just trying to help maddens future

And members please let EA know how you feel about the development of madden in calm way

Last edited by Blazin4QB; 10-05-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Little Things EA

Holy wall of text, Batman!

Paragraphs are your friend, sir.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Holy wall of text, Batman!

Paragraphs are your friend, sir.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
To his credit, he didn't e-yell at me... he actually made it easier to read. Well done, OP.

And on topic, I'm not sure field degredation is a core part of gameplay. Honestly, to me... the actual model of gameplay is far more dependent on speed than anything else. Speed is important, but other things are important too. Awareness to be where you need to be, etc. All of those other ratings for some positions are worthless. RBs? Speed or you're crushed. WR? You see my point?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
To his credit, he didn't e-yell at me... he actually made it easier to read. Well done, OP.

thanks for pointing it out i was so full of thought i just typed and typed and typed some more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
Start Worry about the core parts of the game you have to address such as AI and field degration just the little things that would make a BIG difference in the game.
this just goes to show how impossible it is to please everyone. this poster is saying that EA needs to focus on core aspects of the game, such as... field degradation?!?!?

yikes! this is a nice feature that helps in the immersion factor, but a core element of NFL football? No.

While I'd like to see the grass wear -- I'd much rather see refs, chain gangs, and busier sidelines to help immerse me in the game. However, it's not nearly as important as the OL/DL (the true core of NFL gameplay) and WR/DB (we need head-tracking to directly influence situational awareness) interaction.

I'm quite satifsfied with the graphics of '09 in comparison, I'm just hoping for the real core football issues to be improved in 2010.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wildcat only worked in one game?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd like to see them remove the blue color tone that is there for night games and some rain games. Especially when I can see the replay in the little box on th eplay call screen and the colors look dead-on. So annoying when I spend 10 minutes trying to calibrate my tv (which looks great for anything else) to try and make the Eagles jerseys look green instead of blue.

I was at teh Eagles /Redskins game (debacle?) yeasterday, so I made a mental note of some things I saw that would help the immersion factor.

These are strictly little things, none of these make or break the and have nothing to do with the #1 concern of gameplay.

With the Eagles, show me Swoop (http://www.phillysportsline.com/desk.../swoop1024.jpg ) on the sidelines, even if there are no cutscenes showing him or other mascots.

Have the cheerleaders, for the appropriate teams, on the sidelines - again no cut scenes (ala NCAA) needed, just put them there.

Please give us Custom Soundtracks which is my favorite feature in NCAA. This helps us set the atmosphere ourselves - I want the Eagles fight song and E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES chant amoung amny others.

I want to hear the crowd amped up on 3rd downs especially. And then just go silent as the road team picks up a first down (saw plenty of that yesterday). Perhaps the noise factor can change based on the stadium involved as well as the score and circumstances of the game. Meaning the first 3rd down should be loud and 3rd downs in a close game should also be loud. In a tight game (especially in certain stadiums) it should be fairly loud whenever the home team is on defense on al downs. But in the third quarter with the home team up or down by 3 scores, the crowd noise should be lower.

How about the National Anthem (or at least the very end) and maybe a fly by in a big game (Eagles had a fly by in Week 1 but not for weeks 3 & 5 at home - they would in a home playoff game if they get in).

-----

One other thing - either fix the challenge system or just scrap it, or give us the option to turn off bad calls. In principal I like the idea that there may be a bad call in a game but if the challenge system does not allow a CPU controlled team to challenge a play then it is no good.

Recently I played the Raiders against the Chiefs and Jevon Walker caught a ball at the 1, with no part of him ever going into the end zone. It was ruled a TD, which I didn't even realize at first because he was obviously not in. When I got to the play call screen, the challenge play option was up in the window on the right which I didn't get since it was ruled a catch. I then just selected the play highlighted, in error - which was an extra point. I realized it wanted me to challenge the touchdown - which was ridiculous since I was the Raiders.

Concerning commentary - I hate that almost every game I hear Collingsworth say that the QB isn't the most physically gifted QB. I've heard this playing as Brady, McNabb and Russell. Now Russell may turn out to not be a good QB, but if a guy can heave a ball 60 yards from his kness, well he is physically gifted. Obviously making that comment for Brady and McNabb is ridiculous.

I also noticed on the Backtrack feature, I've had CC tell me I'm an idiot for playing a 4 WR set in a base defense. The only problem was I'm in a dime defense. The players he highlights are in fact extra defensive backs, not LBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »