Home

Franchise Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
MVP

stalsy2310's Arena

OVR: 8
Franchise Question

Im playing on My Skill and with the packers and im second to last in the league in sacks and in interceptions and the run game is weak during my game for me and the AI.....any suggestions?
Green Bay Packers
Wisconsin Badgers
Cal St. Fullerton
Friends dont let other friends root for dook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Franchise Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalsy2310
Im playing on My Skill and with the packers and im second to last in the league in sacks and in interceptions and the run game is weak during my game for me and the AI.....any suggestions?
maybe try custom sliders???
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 AM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalsy2310
Try a different RB if you havent already, I know it sounds weird but I had zero success with Gore and after his injury Ive had 2 of 3 games with Foster where he ran for over 100. Otherwise just keep at it, Im having the same problem with a lack of sacks so Im just holding out hope that they will improve as my skill continues to adjust. How many games have you played so far using my skill/my IQ?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 AM   #4
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm having the same problems playing on My Skill.

Rarely get any pressure on the QB, there's no way I can get double digit sacks with a defensive end unless maybe I blitz everybody on every single play. Rushing is impossible for me too, I've only had one game where I've had more than 100 yards team rushing. The irritating thing is that even if I have like 20 rushes for 30 yards, the Rushing IQ will still stay maxed out.

It's hard to get any running game going when my running back gets hit in the backfield three out of every four attempts. Heh, before I completely gave up on running the ball and traded away my star RB for someone who could be more effective, he was leading the league in Yards After First Hit but near last in actual yards.

My roommate consistently gets good yards rushing though with maxed out rushing IQ, what he does is run a 4 WR spread with a single back. The CPU will only leave 5 in the box to cover the WRs, and if they move more people into the box he'll just audible to a quick passing play to one of the uncovered WRs. It's not a great solution because you should be able to run the ball out of other formations, but it's a solution nonetheless.

For interceptions, you should try taking user control of the defenders. If you don't want to actually cover anybody, you could just switch to the defender when the ball is coming. Otherwise, if the receiver is in front of the defender, your guy will just wait for the ball to get caught and then tackle the guy instead of making a play for the ball.

Last edited by asterisk; 10-06-2008 at 02:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »