Home

Franchise Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Question

Does anyone know or would you please tell me if there are coaching changes like in Past madden's? Like Can you hire or fire current coach of the franchise team that you are controlling, and promote and such.. or hire and fire Special teams coaches..etc... Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Franchise Question

Yes you can in the off-season. The first season you can't do any personnel changes, you have to wait until the first off-season. Just remember, if you fire one of your staff that is still under contract you will still have to pay him.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

On a tangent, do coaches even matter? Do they affect the ratings (which themselves don't matter)?

Can you just hire the crappiest guy and be just fine?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

The coaches imo are worthless, sometimes you get a stud and he might effect some players awareness but thats about it.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

I am more worried about the playbooks and defensive schemes the new coaches bring. I use ask madden anyway.. so I would assume that if I fire Herm Edwards, and bring in Mike shanahan, that I would then have the bronco's play book. or if I bring in steelers D coor. I would have the 3-4 Defense. I know I could just change playbook on my own...but doing it this way adds some realism IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

can the user get fired? Does it matter if I drive my team into the ground? I thought I remembered in previous maddens the possibility of the user getting fired thus having to retire from using that team in franchise mode. Does this still happen? It would make franchise mode more interesting knowing that there is a possibility of you getting fired from your job if you are not putting out a winning product.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
can the user get fired? Does it matter if I drive my team into the ground? I thought I remembered in previous maddens the possibility of the user getting fired thus having to retire from using that team in franchise mode. Does this still happen? It would make franchise mode more interesting knowing that there is a possibility of you getting fired from your job if you are not putting out a winning product.
I would imagine so since there is a bar showing your coaches job security, but thats simply a guess since Im still in season one and Im 4-5 with the Niners right now.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I am more worried about the playbooks and defensive schemes the new coaches bring. I use ask madden anyway.. so I would assume that if I fire Herm Edwards, and bring in Mike shanahan, that I would then have the bronco's play book. or if I bring in steelers D coor. I would have the 3-4 Defense. I know I could just change playbook on my own...but doing it this way adds some realism IMO.
Nope doesn't work like that. You'd still have Edwards',you'd have to change it on your own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »