Home

Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: KR/PR TDs

I've returned a couple kickoffs (I play as the Bears) but no punts. I don't have video as 1.) I am at work, and 2.) didn't save the videos of them. I have noticed it seems to be easier when the kickoff goes far right or far left, but up the middle is much tougher for me.

Even with Hester, I can NOT seem to return punts, it seems as though the kick coverage sucks! I typically call right, left, or middle return, but my blockers don't even touch the defenders. What coverages do you guys use?? What seems to work best?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Might wanna' turn the dificulty up a bit there....
lol those numbers came out of maybe 200+ tries so I think I'm doing alright with Heelfan's sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman83
Even with Hester, I can NOT seem to return punts, it seems as though the kick coverage sucks! I typically call right, left, or middle return, but my blockers don't even touch the defenders. What coverages do you guys use?? What seems to work best?
Its weird cause I shouldn't have to do this anyways, but I usually end up bringing someone on the D-line somewhere infront of my returner. Doing this usually gives me a block on that one guy that always seems to breakthrough
Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #19
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Here's 2 kick returns my buddy and I had in our Created Team Chise (we're the Orlando Sharks, replaced the Miami Dolphins).

First up, here's Devin Hester stiff arming fools like they're nothing, this was me controlling him.

Then here's another one that once again, I am controlling (the player returning it is me...well, my CAP of me, haha, I'm an 89 OVR WR by the way) and my buddy is controlling Devin Hester who makes 2 sick blocks (and an illegal one at the end that sprung me free...he went out of bounds and then came back in smacking a guy...it was awesome doing this play, we were both jumping up and down, haha).

Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11

krulmichael, that second one was savage looking, the block your friend made it, although it would have looked better had he cut blocked him or sent him flying! Great return anyway!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #21
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
krulmichael, that second one was savage looking, the block your friend made it, although it would have looked better had he cut blocked him or sent him flying! Great return anyway!!!
Haha, yea...and seriously, I remember that play like it was yesterday, at first I saw him do the first block (where Hester just bulldozed the defender, dropping him and Hester kept running out of bounds after that) I was already going "Ohhhhh!" and then I just saw the seam down the sidelines and I just sprinted and all of a sudden, from the corner of my eye, I see Hester coming back out of the Jags sideline and he just ran straight at the one defender that woulda had a shot at tackling me and ran him over, at this point BOTH of us were jumping up and down ecstatic like a bunch of little kids, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »