Home

Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

This is a discussion on Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

itbeme23...My offensive passing sliders are set for 50 Accuracy, 90 pass block and 0 WR catching. Defensive pass is 75 reaction time, 22 INT, and 99 Pass Rush.

Each player has a different skillset, so you may have to tweak the sliders until you find the game playing to your liking. This theory shouldl have stopped the RoboQB against you. (If not, try bumping up reaction time). You will have see, or just increase the QB you want to use, maybe boost his Acc up 10 points for example.

I've played 3 games this season. I have no 70% compo pct in the league, highest is Brees at 68%. My QB, Romo, is at 64%, with 5 TD, 3 INT.s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #42
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
itbeme23...My offensive passing sliders are set for 50 Accuracy, 90 pass block and 0 WR catching. Defensive pass is 75 reaction time, 22 INT, and 99 Pass Rush.

Each player has a different skillset, so you may have to tweak the sliders until you find the game playing to your liking. This theory shouldl have stopped the RoboQB against you. (If not, try bumping up reaction time). You will have see, or just increase the QB you want to use, maybe boost his Acc up 10 points for example.

I've played 3 games this season. I have no 70% compo pct in the league, highest is Brees at 68%. My QB, Romo, is at 64%, with 5 TD, 3 INT.s.
Bigpapa....Thanks for the quick reply. I know that everybody has a different skillset, so I realize that everybody is going to have to tweak any slider set to fit their own skill level. I think I've just been so frustrated with the My skill thing, that I've kind of hit a ceiling as far as which slider set to use. I think I'll try and use your settings tonight and see what kind of games I get. Do you think that you can post some game-by-game stats when you have a chance? I know it can be tedious, but I would really like to see what stats your getting from your games.

Also, I noticed that you put your tweaking slider settings, but you didn't put the overal slider setting (I belive it's supposed to be a number between 1-20?). If you can provided that, I'll try out your sliders tonight.

One more thing....What kind of rushing stats are you getting? Can you provide those sliders also? I'd appreciate it!!!

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

itbeme23. sorry, you're right.

I dont use the "my skill", I think my passing is at 9 with the 50 acc, 90 pass block and 0 wr catching. My Rushing is at 5, with 88 break tackle, 85 run block and 50 fumble.
Defensive Pass Defense I think is around 10 w/ 75 reaction time, 22 INT and 99 pass rush. Run Defense I think is 16 with 5 reaction time, 10 block shedding and 50 tackle.

I have a 1 year old, so getting to play more than like twice a week is a push, I'll will try to update this thread when I get to play one. Honestly, i just purchased the Ps2 version today to see how the gameplay is, as I might just settle on that, if the gameplay rocks as indicated, and theres no RoboQB by default it would be nice to see refs on the field and the chaingang again.

I thought EA would get their act together this year, (the game is better than last year - but I'm disappointed again.)

Last edited by bigpapa_bliss; 10-13-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #44
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
itbeme23. sorry, you're right.

I dont use the "my skill", I think my passing is at 9 with the 50 acc, 90 pass block and 0 wr catching. My Rushing is at 5, with 88 break tackle, 85 run block and 50 fumble.
Defensive Pass Defense I think is around 10 w/ 75 reaction time, 22 INT and 99 pass rush. Run Defense I think is 16 with 5 reaction time, 10 block shedding and 50 tackle.

I have a 1 year old, so getting to play more than like twice a week is a push, I'll will try to update this thread when I get to play one. Honestly, i just purchased the Ps2 version today to see how the gameplay is, as I might just settle on that, if the gameplay rocks as indicated, and theres no RoboQB by default it would be nice to see refs on the field and the chaingang again.

I thought EA would get their act together this year, (the game is better than last year - but I'm disappointed again.)
Thanks for posting your current sliders, Bigpapa. I'll give these a whirl tonight and see what I can find. This theory is defintely something that can make this game great. I think the ROBO-QB issue got way out of hand, and it's a shame that we have to go to these extreme lengths just to get a decent-playing sim football game. The QC dudes at EA should really be ashamed of themselves. However, the silver lining in this whole thing IMO is the fact that they at least ATTEMPTED to do something new. I think the My Skill concept is something very innovative, but it didn't even come close to meeting my expectations. I think that they've done some good things as far as the visual aspect of the game goes, and I think that will keep me coming back to it. I'll spend countless hours trying to tweak sliders until I have the experience that I want, and I guess that's just the way it'll have to be until EA finally gets their act together.

I would really like to get people in the 360 realm to try out these rerated rosters. I am very curious to see what kind of stats people would have if they actually did some thorough testing. I can't expect you to be able to do that. I know you have your family, and all. Plus, you've already done the hardest part which is coming up with the idea in the first place!!!

So....Would you mind if I posted my 360 rosters to see what kind of response we would get? I would make sure to give you the proper credit of course.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

hell yes post them for 360.
thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #46
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjordan
hell yes post them for 360.
thanks
As long as I get the okay from Bigpapa, then i'll do it. I don't want to step on anybody's toes because this is his theory, and I just want to make sure that it's okay with him.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #47
Rookie

Just one question, what roster update did you guys base these rerating QB's from???? and is the file for ps3 or just xbox360????
Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Jeez how much are they paying you guys for all this work? Oh, you paid them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »