Home

Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

This is a discussion on Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
BigL,

When I was testing, it was probably 80% between inaccurate throws and DB knockdowns and 20% receiver drops.

The playability is much more believable than both QBs hitting 75% plus in game, and then the simmed QBS hitting 80.

And the passes that were not complete were prob INT or a rare drops. Inaccurate passes never, if ever happened.

Watching the games Sunday, a ton of inaccurate passes and drops.
Thanks, the roster file that nitelordz posted in this thread is for PS3?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

BigL,

I;m not sure honestly. I think he mentions the system somwhere..Now that I think of it, I think it might be Xbox360, you'll need to check though.,,

I would post mine (ps3) if I knew how . I see the attachment option on this page, so I assume via Internet Browser I hit this site, hit the attachment button, then how do I point it towards location on ps3, or do I need to copy to USB?

If someone clarifies, I'll load it onto Net tonight. (I'm on East Coast)

Also, someone had asked what roster update I had. I had done the latest. like a week ago. It had Cedric Benson on the Bengals, Harrington on Saints...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #59
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
What kind of incompletes are you mainly getting? Inaccurate passes or mostly defensive knockdowns and receiver drops?
BigL....In the two games that I played with my rosters, I saw a good mix of all. I saw quite a few passes that were off target by both me and the CPU, and there were also some dropped passes by the WRs. Some of them were just because of butter-fingers, and some were due to some big hits by the D. The one thing that I've seen in both games is a high number of pass deflections on both sides, so that may be something to keep an eye on in when testing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #60
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
BigL....In the two games that I played with my rosters, I saw a good mix of all. I saw quite a few passes that were off target by both me and the CPU, and there were also some dropped passes by the WRs. Some of them were just because of butter-fingers, and some were due to some big hits by the D. The one thing that I've seen in both games is a high number of pass deflections on both sides, so that may be something to keep an eye on in when testing.
So itbeme.. can you post the sliders that your using?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #61
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
So itbeme.. can you post the sliders that your using?
Prince....I'm using the sliders that BigPapa posted earlier in the thread.

Here's what they look like:

Passing = 9 or 10 (I can't remember which)
QB Accuracy = 50
Pass Blocking = 90
WR Catching = 0

Rushing = 5
Break Tackle = 88
Run Block = 85
Fumble = 50

Pass Defense = 10
Reaction Time = 75
INT = 22
Pass Rush = 99

Rush Defense = 16
Reaction Time = 5
Block Shedding = 10
Tackle = 50

Slider Impressions:

Passing: At first, I was a little disappointed with them. The first game I played against the Falcons was horrible. I threw two picks, and Matt Ryan was disgusting. However, I was really encouraged by the fact that when I played against the Cowboys, Romo had a pretty good game. He threw 2 TDs, but his completion % was only in the high 50's. Definitely don't have to worry about RoboQB anymore.

Rushing: This is something that I'm going to keep any eye on. In the two games that I've played, I've come close to getting 100 yds on each, but the YPC is a bit low for my liking. I'd like to see it between 4-4.5, and right now I think I'm hovering right around 3.8. As far as the CPU goes, I think there's a bit of work to be done. They have had a decent YPC, but I haven't seen enough attempts from them to figure out any potential slider adjustments.

Pass Defense: I think that this set of sliders are definitely going to need to be played with. For right now, I think they are adequate. However, I am seeing a little bit too much pass deflections for my liking. I see my DBs and LBs batting too many balls down by jumping in the air. Not quite superman-like like what we had in '08, but I think the reaction time slider needs to be tweaked a tad. I think the INTs are good for right now as well. I think that I've intercepted the ball when I should have, and haven't made any crazy interceptions that left me scratching my head. Pass rush is definitely a problem. I've only been able to get one sack in two games. Maybe more testing is needed, but I think even with this slider jacked to 100, we're still going to have problems getting to the QB. Oh well, I'm not holding my breath for DLC, so we'll just have to deal with it.

Rush Defense: Although I feel that this set will need some tweaking as well, I don't think that there's much that you can do to make it more difficult. It's going to come down to personal preference, but I think that the only thing you can really tweak is the tackling slider. I am seeing the CPU get a good YPC, so I don't think that there's much to change. I just wish that they would run the ball MORE throughout the game. I'm hoping that increasing my quarter lengths will help with this.

Anyhoo, that was the long explanation of which sliders I'm using LOL. Sorry to bore you, Prince....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #62
Rookie

itbeme23.

You could always bump up you ACC slider to 55, to help your accuracy and drop the reaction time (to 60) to help reduce the deflections, and prob increase CPU comp % a bit...

As far as run defense, I tried dropping reaction time to 0, shedding 0 and tackling 10. Dropping tackling from 50 is problem.

With 10 tackling, I had a FB catch a short pass, knock 5 guys over in route to a 60 yd TD. It really wasnt realistic.

I would suggest keeping tackling up, but drop the reaction time to 0, keep shedding at 10, and see how that works for you, if you want to get CPU running better.

Also, if you are averaging 3.8 rushing, thats generally the NFL avg these days. I guess you like the 49ers, so yeah, Gore should be a little higher than 3.8, he'd be in the 4.0 to 4.4 range.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #63
Pro

The Iceman's Arena

OVR: 17

With te sliders where do you go to get the in depth stuff like ACC and Break tackle all i see is passing 1 trheough 20 rushing and defensive things
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #64
Rookie

tha iceman,

If you hit "x" on ps3 when you are that field, another field comes up with additional sliders. It would be the bottom button of an xbox 360 controller

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »