Home

Old 10-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Madden has along way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Ea sports has the capability of releasing a really good game.

Take a look at FIFA 09.

Why the hell does't madden look like that.
Tiburon

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Tiburon
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #43
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

^^Right..A better pencil (360/PS3) doesn't create a better novel (GAMES). Only the author.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 27

In all seriousness, neither 2K or EA has delivered what we expected out of this generation. I'm more disappointed in 2K because I know they could've done better with All Pro, but they let licensing pressure (pressure which didn't actually exist by the way, because they didn't have a real shot at getting back the NFL license) control their conceptual foundation. It kept the game from being what it needed to be.

Madden is getting better. We point out problems, but it's a better game this year, a number of flaws, but not as bad as 08 for me. It's probably never going to live up to what we all thought it would be even at the most realistic of expectations, but I think it will keep getting a bit better each year and we'll have to just be happy with that.

I just wish where we are with '09 was where we were with '07, because unfortunately this generation is winding down... we may be playing Madden 2011 on a new system. It will be disappointing to look back and see where we didn't get to in this generation, and a bit scary that this whole thing could start all over again next generation... with that said, for some reason I think Ian is about to pull out the big guns. Phil did a good job with 09 and I think those two together have made some much-needed and very welcome changes.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #45
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Tiburon
but the thing is, its not like Tiburon doesn't know how to make a good game. Look at any of the Madden's on the legacy gen.

The problem with Madden on next gen was who was in charge of the product, not the studio in which it was developed. Hopefully Ian and Phil will go back to giving the hardcore gamer what he wants, instead of the joe blow online gamer.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #46
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I just wish where we are with '09 was where we were with '07...

This is how I feel.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
but the thing is, its not like Tiburon doesn't know how to make a good game. Look at any of the Madden's on the legacy gen.
It's just my opinion, but Madden on legacy gen wasn't that great, either. Sure, stacked up against no competition these past couple of years, it's been decent. But I'm not sure those games have even passed the bar set by 2k 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Tiburon
I agree, completely. Lack of talent at Tiburon is the reason we're still at where we are. I'd love to be proven wrong one of these years, but it hasn't happened so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »