Home

The ONE facemask animation

This is a discussion on The ONE facemask animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: The ONE facemask animation

Funny thing. I saw two new facemask for the first time yesterday while playing around in practice mode. If only I could of saved them...cause they would of been nice to display.
  1. "I thought" I had a defender beat on a juke move right after catching the ball on a sweep route, but all of a sudden i see the defender grab my facemask sending me flying in the direction i was heading, while he was sliding
  2. This one happened while I was getting rushed out the pocket. I decide heck, I'll try an gain a yard or two. So running outside my tackle the defender just sheds the block in a instant (no surprise ) but instead of a normal tackle I get dragged straight to the ground by my facemask while running into him
I was so happy to see these even though it was my own head getting decapitated only to realize I'll probably never see them again unless I play non-stop .

Last edited by Hotlanta; 10-24-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
There are 12 total - we have 3 animation banks (that swap in randomly throughout the game) containing facemask tackles from 4 different directions (that direction is relative to the ballcarrier...forward, left, right, back).

I bet you've probably only seen like 3 though. Definitely an issue we're working to solve...
I went into practice mode and tried stripping the ballcarrier from all angles, and depending on where he was holding the ball, and honestly I still have seen nothing different. I'll try a bit more, but i spent 30 minutes on just doing that and I saw nothing new.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
I went into practice mode and tried stripping the ballcarrier from all angles, and depending on where he was holding the ball, and honestly I still have seen nothing different. I'll try a bit more, but i spent 30 minutes on just doing that and I saw nothing new.
Maybe I didn't explain this well enough...but the original problem as stated is that there is only one strip ball tackle from the non-ball side, so that's what you see all the time.

There are a bunch of facemask specific animations (it was a new feature for this year)...but they only trigger when the angles match up (i.e. bad overpursuit), the ratings are bad for the player, and a bunch of other factors. So your best bet to see them is to get a bad defender try and tackle LT as he's juking or something (as Hotlanta stated above).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Maybe I didn't explain this well enough...but the original problem as stated is that there is only one strip ball tackle from the non-ball side, so that's what you see all the time.

There are a bunch of facemask specific animations (it was a new feature for this year)...but they only trigger when the angles match up (i.e. bad overpursuit), the ratings are bad for the player, and a bunch of other factors. So your best bet to see them is to get a bad defender try and tackle LT as he's juking or something (as Hotlanta stated above).
What is the point of having a bunch of facemask animations if they never trigger?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
What is the point of having a bunch of facemask animations if they never trigger?
Agreed - that's what I mentioned in my post above. It is not good, but definitely something we're looking to address.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Agreed - that's what I mentioned in my post above. It is not good, but definitely something we're looking to address.
You are right, it is not good at all. It just seems criminal to have hundreds of great animations that never trigger.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #55
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
i'm guessing that you aren't planning to address this issue with '09 in the form of a patch, yes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
when?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »