Home

At What Point Do We See the Community Input on 2010?

This is a discussion on At What Point Do We See the Community Input on 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
At What Point Do We See the Community Input on 2010?

For months, we've often heard from EA that there would be an open line of communication during the development of Madden 2010. Though there is definitely an open line for communication, I thought we were bound to see community polls and things of that nature. Of course, we have seen threads started by Ian such as the player/team specific animations & top 25 features. Is there anything else we can expect to see from a community interaction standpoint? By no means am I complaining or saying that those threads don't cut it; I just wanted us all to be on the same page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: At What Point Do We See the Community Input on 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
For months, we've often heard from EA that there would be an open line of communication during the development of Madden 2010. Though there is definitely an open line for communication, I thought we were bound to see community polls and things of that nature. Of course, we have seen threads started by Ian such as the player/team specific animations & top 25 features. Is there anything else we can expect to see from a community interaction standpoint? By no means am I complaining or saying that those threads don't cut it; I just wanted us all to be on the same page.
Good post. Phil and I just discussed this recently actually, and we are thinking early January. Reason being: we will have a really good idea of what we think we can and can't deliver at that point, and it will be easier to get your feedback and provide progress as we start implementing stuff. The first few months of production (i.e. right now) involve a lot of core technology cleanup, additions, & improvements, so there's just not much going on that would involve back and forth with the community.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

oh sweeeet! haha i am enjoying 09 a lot right now but i am even more stoked about 2010... i think it's great that you are on these boards to get some community involvement... if the operationsports users alone can help to add improvements to the game, i'm sold on it.. everyone in here strives for the most realistic football game ever... sooo... that being said.. this years version...only issue is having to use the dummy profile every game to get the "cpu sliders" how i want them.... so i have a question for you Ian.. and although i would love to have this DLC as soon as possible.... What are actually the chances that we get the DLC this year? i'm just curious......

Last edited by Outkizast; 10-12-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks for the feedback Ian. I think I speak for a few of us when I say we were a little in the dark there.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

They already have a good idea of what is going in the game. They are just choosing not to tell us, which is completely fine. Lets just call a spade a spade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Ian, just hire Gideon Prime. If you can please him, you will please everyone
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I am hoping that the guys from EA who are here take the message back to their fellow developers of what many of us here are saying that we want out of future Madden games: take the ps2 gameplay engine and just update the graphics. If that is not literally possible, then start working to make next gen Madden play as close as possible to the ps2 version.

I sincerely hope that EA isn't taking the attitude of "we don't care what gamers say they want, we know what they actually want better than they do and we will continue to make Madden how we want it, not how gamers think they want it". No disrespect intended to the guys from EA here, I'm worried and I just pray that isn't their frame of mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »