Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #129
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I am in Vancouver now - did motion capture for blocking today specifically. Can't wait to show you guys how it came out.
Hopefully it came out well.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #130
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

it's pathetic how they want us to get hyped for ps3s and 360s and now they have put out FOUR GAMES IN A ROW that were little more than the proverbial turd in the punch bowl. seriously -

Madden 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

The funny thing is how over the summer they were acknowledging how bad last year's game was. next year you'll hear how Madden 2010 is so much better but we've heard it all before.

and i hate 2k football - i'm a madden loyalist believe it or not lol. it's so sad what these hacks have done to my beloved football game!

what a pathetic joke this game has become.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've always been a believe in gameplay over graphics, so I really don't care about 'atmosphere'. However they could add more excitement to the overall presentations. But that will NEVER-EVER happen.

Once again what MUST get fixed.

1. Pass/reception/interception physics! This is totally broken to the point a laughable.

2. A.I. ability to counter your playstyle. And I don't mean, if you run alot, then the A.I. calls 3-4/4-3 and if you pass alot the A.I. calls Nickel/dime. I mean if you run certain plays, such as quick slants or posts then the A.I. will adjust it's coverage. Right now the I can get 200+ yds recieving with my tightend by using the same set of plays. This should never be possible.

3. Franchise mode & Progression system. A player can win the MVP yet not progress? lol.

4. Injury system Needs to be revamped! Can we get weekly updates, etc, like in the real NFL ...

5. Test the damn GAME before release! YES if you only make these adjustments and not try to go overboard then you can actually test Franchise mode in depth! WeeW!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #132
Pro

OVR: 8

You all complain, and yet when it comes time for Madden 2010 to hit the shelves, you'll all be here again, anticipating and getting ready for it.

You want these people to actually start caring about you?

Go Away.

Make this board a ghost town. Abandon it. Find something better to do with your lives than complain about a game you apparently hate but yet purchase every year thus eliminating their care for what you say since you've already given them your money.

I challenge the members of this board to stop caring about Madden for a full year and just find something else to do. It's not that hard. There is not one individual here whose opinion will matter to EA Sports but ALL of us combined can sure as hell make them stand back and think about what they're doing.

Don't be afraid to be the reason changes are made. Do it.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #133
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
You all complain, and yet when it comes time for Madden 2010 to hit the shelves, you'll all be here again, anticipating and getting ready for it.

Go Away.

Make this board a ghost town. Abandon it. Find something better to do with your lives than complain about a game you apparently hate but yet purchase every year thus eliminating their care for what you say since you've already given them your money.

I challenge the members of this board to stop caring about Madden for a full year and just find something else to do. It's not that hard. There is not one individual here whose opinion will matter to EA Sports but ALL of us combined can sure as hell make them stand back and think about what they're doing.

this is a dream. for every person who is sick of madden to just not buy it next year.no midnight madness,no nothing.for people to stand up to ea and say "we not taking this crap game anymore." for people to march on the nfl's office and protest the nfl license being exclusive...and oh what a day it would be.....

and then i woke up.

Last edited by droopizzle34; 10-18-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #134
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

yep.i'm in the majority.i have officially became tired of Madden.Tired of being in "sim" leagues that have rules for everything.tired of throwing a "precision pass" that a lb jumps 15 feet in the air and intercepts.tired of a game that claims to "adapt to you" cheat you instead of "adapting".tired of the hype machine that hypes "85 new features" that aren't new at all;they're recyled features of the CG madden we loved.tired of lbs and dlinemen running free in my backfield.tired of db's running the route better than my wr's.tired of seeing faag d all game long,tired of people at madden challenges thinking they're good cause they rocket catch every pass,tired of websites selling glitches,tired of people online running 20 yards back with the qb and throwing perfect back foot passes...so tired i broke out NFK 2k5 and actually had a good game. broke out nfl fever and actually enjoyed myself. played nfl gameday on the ps1 and was like "ah the good ole days"....tired..of Ea Sports sorry excuse for a "next gen" football game.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #135
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580

Go Away.

The only thing that will change EA's complacent attitude about this title is a drop in sales. That's why for 3 years running I've waited for used copies to hit ebay; EA does not see another sale nor my $ that way, yet I still get the latest weak effort from them.

A small bit of patience gets my economic vote heard. Imagine if more people did that, a 10% drop in sales is monumental to EA, I guarantee you the suits would be scrambling to invest more into the title.

Besides, what's the rush? We all end up waiting for patches anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #136
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

The Biggest Problem Madden faces is the fact that it is just flat out boring when you play against the CPU. This problem is two fold, The Games themself are boring, and the Franchise mode is boring. Everyone has said it before, the games are boring because there is little to none atmosphere. The Franchise is boring because every season plays out the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »