Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
sure thing..Ill see you in line for madden 2010..
Already have my copy
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #154
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Already have my copy

lol I have seriously no respect for people who create threads like this anymore frankly because if you hear it long enough it loses its sting.

Frankly, the people on here dogging this thing clearly contradicts everything they are doing..you either buy it or you stay at home and don't get it. clear and simple right? lol nope. they go right out again dealing with something that gives them misery I mean its just a game lol at the end of the day it is just a game and people go further for something as trivial as this then something worthwhile.

Look the solution isnt in thread bashing, video rants infact the power in lies this..when those midnight lines show up don't be in them.

when the day comes for the product to be in the store? don't buy it. but thats just too easy to do isnt it?
rather you all would love to take time out to come on a thread only to say what 10,00000000000000plus have already said and then 10 months from now do again..

Thus again I say you get no sympathy from me if you(speaking generally) are these types of people no more..
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #155
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
lol I have seriously no respect for people who create threads like this anymore frankly because if you hear it long enough it loses its sting.

Frankly, the people on here dogging this thing clearly contradicts everything they are doing..you either buy it or you stay at home and don't get it. clear and simple right? lol nope. they go right out again dealing with something that gives them misery I mean its just a game lol at the end of the day it is just a game and people go further for something as trivial as this then something worthwhile.

Look the solution isnt in thread bashing, video rants infact the power in lies this..when those midnight lines show up don't be in them.

when the day comes for the product to be in the store? don't buy it. but thats just too easy to do isnt it?
rather you all would love to take time out to come on a thread only to say what 10,00000000000000plus have already said and then 10 months from now do again..

Thus again I say you get no sympathy from me if you(speaking generally) are these types of people no more..
I understand the sentiment, but it's hard not to want an NFL game.
I am a lemming. I admit it.
Every year I hope THIS will be the year.
I have a real passion for NFL football and Madden is the only game in town, unfortunately.
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Madden ... but we all know how Madden has fallen since the competition was killed.
I have never been a 2k football guy, ever, but when I see how passionate they are about their game ... I wish I could get the same way about Madden.
This post was a reflection of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #156
Banned

OVR: 31

I think the lack of team specific playbooks makes the game feel so dull. Every team seems to run the same plays in the same situation. I don't get any feeling of strategy against the CPU. The run plays are weak. The lack of screens, shovel passes, reverses, fake WR reverses, FB dives, short yardage blocking etc....

They don't need to reinvent anything but the playbooks and the CPU AI in my opinion.

The atmosphere of the game sucks. NFL 2k5 did it right. I think 95% of the people would agree with that. Suck up your pride EA and just copy it!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #157
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Every year I hope THIS will be the year..
1. Understand its a game. Games from companies will screw up. If you love the NFL buy the sunday ticket. So while it's not hard to want an NFL game, its also not hard to explain that you are an adult now. Control your pocket. If your that bad with money spending then seek help.

2. your words not mine..but at least you can admit.

3. just like everyone else in the past and who have made 10,00000000000000 threads just like this. You expect real life, games suck games are cool some games are doable lower your expectations and you will get 9/10 a good experience in life.

Quote:
I have a real passion for NFL football and Madden is the only game in town, unfortunately.
Don't get me wrong, I've loved Madden ... but we all know how Madden has fallen since the competition was killed.
I have never been a 2k football guy, ever, but when I see how passionate they are about their game ... I wish I could get the same way about Madden.

Loved 2k was behind apf2k8..problem? bareboned game and has its faults as madden does. However, wishes and hopes are not reality. Its been this way for 4 years now..It's time to get over it. Seriously NFL took EA's side and 2k didnt get it. Fine move on and realize what happened. Case closed end of story 2k will not come back with a NFL game and EA will continue to make them. Jeez sorry for being realistic but hey it is what it is. My post is a reflection of reality in which you all need to understand.
ITS A GAME. And there are too many of you for one company to care and send you all christmas cards. Take Mgmt101 to learn why if your confused.

Control your pockets and stop putting yourself through these miserable days every single year..because like I said before with me they fall on deaf ears now because I have heard it so much.

Not a sermon, Just a thought.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 4

I steal madden then trade that bitch in every year for nba2k :smh:
Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #159
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahJay561
I steal madden then trade that bitch in every year for nba2k :smh:
ok

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #160
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Every year I hope THIS will be the year.
Understand you're not helping. EA hear's your pocket MUCH louder than your complaints & suggestions on a message board. Every year you purchase the game, you're telling EA you love their work & direction, despite coming here to complain about it.

I have hope that some of our suggestions will make it into the game, but we're up against the wishes of the masses. If everyone dissatisfied with EA's direction held out on next year's game(unless it met your expectations), it will put a bigger spotlight on our concerns.

EA knows folks want to buy NFL football video games. That's why the bought the exclusive license. Again, by buying the game every year, you're reinforcing their decision. It's working like a charm.

Madden was my favorite game. I bought every one from the first('89 on the Commodore 64) through '04. I purchased '07 for the 360 then returned it for a full refund after complaining directly to EA about the many glitches. So 4 years straight with no Madden. It's hard, but I refuse to support a company that doesn't make games for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »