Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #201
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Man this sucks, and the only true and smart choise we have is to rent the game. Dont run out and buy it, cause reviewers are going to say good things about the game regardless of how bad it really is. We all know this.

EA killed the competition, so we have NO OTHER CHOICES, and the NFL killed the competition also, not just EA.

Anyways Rent the game 1st, then decide.

This is the route I took this year, and was very happy by it. I wasnt happy at all with Madden 06 and 07, so I swore to rent. I got it 2 days after it released wasnt happy with the game after a month, cause I wanted to give it a fair amount of time and waited for the patch. Game still wasnt good so It went back to gamefly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #202
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ Yeah renting is a smart move if you're apprehensive. After the disaster of Madden 08, I vowed to rent Madden every year from then on.

I rented 09 first, and I happened to like 09 so I bought it. I don't regret buying 09, I actually do like it. I just don't feel it's the ultimate game it should be and could be, and therefore I'm still going to rent 2010.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #203
MVP

OVR: 21

The exaggerated speed burst given to receivers is what killed the game for me on PS3. When you lead a receiver too far, he simply morphs quickly over to where the ball is to make the catch, even if he's five yards or so away from it as it's parallel to him. It almost guarantees a completion when throwing into man coverage. How did the testers not catch this? I can live with the so-so presentation but not this.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #204
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ Yeah renting is a smart move if you're apprehensive. After the disaster of Madden 08, I vowed to rent Madden every year from then on.

I rented 09 first, and I happened to like 09 so I bought it. I don't regret buying 09, I actually do like it. I just don't feel it's the ultimate game it should be and could be, and therefore I'm still going to rent 2010.
Same, except I played the demo, then rented, then bought it. (returned it shortly thereafter)
I was blown away by the graphics when I first popped in the disc. After 5 games, however, I had to force myself to get motivated to play anymore. It just didn't give me that excitement factor that I had with the "other" game. I hope 10 changes all that.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #205
Banned

OVR: 12

alot of what the original poster is saying is true and the hardest part to swallow is this particular Madden is probably the best of the bunch.

I'm just bored with the game...IMO its not exciting and I feel like I've seen everything there is to see in the game...I'm a predominantly ONLINE player so the comment about online play really hits home. The PLAYBOOKS are all the same give or take a formation or two...The teams have minimal individuality...The QB position IMO needs the most work..Its just not programmed or geared towards realistic principles of passing or pass completion...Sprinting backwards or rolling out is always the norm and every QB from best to worst is exactly the same in terms of accuracy.

After waiting and waiting and waiting for next year....Now what???...We wait again for the Hype Machine?

Its great that the devs are on the forum and dialoging. Maybe the dialogue will lead to the necessary changes...Time will team...But damn...its been 5 years into the new consoles and 09 is where I thought 06 should have been...Very soon we will be on to the next 360 & Ps3 and this viscious cycle will start all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #206
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I hear the word "boring" popping up an awful lot. I agree to a large extent, and then I worry that the devs might take that and overdo things, thinking it makes the game more exciting.
I'm going back reading this thread and found this comment...Interesting and very insightful...Boring for me is the lack of diversity in the Offensive and Defensive playbooks or knowing ahead of time how a certain route or play will work no matter what (i.e. rocket catches)...Watching continual rollouts and no respect for the QB that works the pocket.

I want to be very clear...I don't want to see more Fireworks in the game...I want to see more realistic football...I want to feel like I need to dig deeper into the playbooks to find offense or defense instead of having the feeling that each playbook is pretty much identical and its a waste for me to spend time developing a diverse offense when it can all be negated by those players who just sprint right or left and throw passes with pinpoint accuracy
Old 12-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #207
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Same, except I played the demo, then rented, then bought it. (returned it shortly thereafter)
Yeah me too. I chuckle about this now, but I actually got the demo hoping it would convince me to just rent the game, lol. That's a shame. It worked out for me in the end having liked it, but the fact that it even got to that point is pretty bad.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #208
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Lol, I seemed to remember you honeymooning the **** out of the game the first 2 weeks of its release (same with ncaa). Yeah, I agree, the foundation of this game isn't there and in all honestly I doubt it will get to the point where the game will be worth purchasing in the next 3-4 years.
which is why I stated that the game had to many hiccups to be enjoyable over time.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »