Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #233
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
I miss real football gaming too. Haven't bought a nfl game since 2k5. Every year i hope that madden will bring a true football sim and every year people here validate my suspicions...that they have not and likely never will. I just don't see the incentive that ea has in creating a "better" product when the current one sells so well. If other companies were allowed to make a game they could create a game for the football sim community and tap that market, however we won't ever have that (in the near future anyway). My solution...enjoy all the other great games (both sports related and others) out there. Nba 2k9 and MLB the show are great games imo. I'd love to see a football game I can really get into, but it just isnt there. Go rob some people in GTA4, create some levels in little big planet, shoot some mutants in fallout 3. It sucks we don't have a true football sim, but there is so much else out there to keep u entertained.
Bingo dude!

I love RSV2, the servers stay filled with cool people, the game has so many wicked game modes to play, and it never really gets old if you are serious about being a really good player.

But this message board is one of my favs because it allows me to communicate with other football minded gamers who like me are die hard football junkies, and hardcore gamers. But yeah, at least I can go play terrorist hunt (RSV2), watch the bowl games & the NFL playoffs...GO COWBOYS!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #234
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
...I know for a fact that this game is dead...
With the grace of a corpse
In a riptide
I let go
And I slide slide slide
Downriver...

^ Actually kind of a hopeful song... Which I'm sure the Madden PR people could spin any which way... But the truth of it is, the song is about independence.

The quality of Madden makes no difference whatsoever.

edit: forgot you could embed videos...

Last edited by spit_bubble; 12-26-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: add video
Old 12-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #235
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
If the console makers are smart, they will build a console that facilitates games rather than stifles them. Games are what will solidify the industry, and hopefully this generation is a lesson well learned.

If console makers are stupid enough to ignore this lesson, they will squander the very thing holding the industry together at the moment: consumer interest.
Adding to this thought...

If console makers don't adopt a subscription model similar to cable/dish tv then they are dumber than I thought. Planned obsolescence (more wiki, read with grain of salt) in the console market has hit a dead end.

Really, EA should just come out with a subscription based console themselves if other companies refuse to do so. No, it wouldn't be strong arming. It would be having the guts to face up to the stark reality. They could just say: "Look, we're tired of making games for your consoles. This (subscription based gaming) is the future, and the future is now. If you want to stick to gimmicks like motion controls and personal networking, fine. We're going to stick to gaming, and you're perfectly welcome to hop on board if you want to."

Bold? Yes. But Sony and Microsoft have put the wagon before the horses and are going nowhere. With some 3rd party titles EA just might have the strength to pull something like this off. If not, they might at least be able to smack some sense into the big 3. Someone's got to.

Of course, if EA went solo, it'd also mean they could make a baseball game again.

edit: that smog (bill callahan) video actually applies to EA in this case... no spin needed either... finding strength in independence.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 12-26-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #236
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
My solution...enjoy all the other great games (both sports related and others) out there. Nba 2k9 and MLB the show are great games imo. I'd love to see a football game I can really get into, but it just isnt there. Go rob some people in GTA4, create some levels in little big planet, shoot some mutants in fallout 3. It sucks we don't have a true football sim, but there is so much else out there to keep u entertained.
That's not a solution for me; baseball and basketball aren't strategic enough for me. In baseball, you hit the ball, catch the ball and throw the ball. In basketball, you dribble the ball, shoot the ball, pass the ball and play defense. Five years ago, I rarely played football video games(just basketball), until I bought madden. After that I was hooked, so much more goes into football. Play selection, personnel, down and distance, defensive looks and adjustments.

I picked up COD5; shooting people online was fun for a bit, but eventually that got boring.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #237
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I for one wont be buying 2010, the game has to exceed the previous year's game by leaps and bounds to justify purchase year after year.

There are too many Halo 3s, World of Warcrafts, etc to keep me busy.

I can get my NFL fix now from actually watching the games on Monday, Thursday, Sunday and sometimes Saturdays.

If the game is stripped down from the core and completely redone and instead of worrying about correct chin straps but instead is more fun, and less of the Madden Nation garbage we see on MTV, then I might rent it. I'm definitely not buying 2010 - after all, it's the year we make contact.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #238
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I
If the game is stripped down from the core and completely redone and instead of worrying about correct chin straps but instead is more fun, and less of the Madden Nation garbage we see on MTV, then I might rent it. I'm definitely not buying 2010 - after all, it's the year we make contact.
As long as they have these cheesers,glitchers,Madden Challenges,Madden Nation and exploiters,we can expect the game to be the same because EA considers these guys as the true hardcore gamers so they will sell a billion copies just because these idiots will always buy madden and ruin the experience for real gamers
Old 12-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bought every Madden since 01

After 5 months with it, I can say it's one of the worst.

Soo many glitches and just bad AI quirks.

The tackles constantly turn and watch the DE run right by for the sack in under 2 seconds flat.

Stopping the run is too easy. Stopping the pass is unbalanced.

It's missing so many things that the old 04 and 05 ps2 versions had. Such as individually bumping recievers, shading receivers inside or out, etc...
Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #240
Banned

OVR: 38

i played it a couple of times just couldnt get into it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »