Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #249
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

SInce the dude from headcoach is coming over. I expect franchise mode to be great.

i played head coach 09 religiously for a couple of months but go sick of not actually playing.

If only a fraction of what happened in hc09 is in madden 10, franchise is looking promising.

Gameplay and presentation only need working on. and online i guess.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
SInce the dude from headcoach is coming over. I expect franchise mode to be great.

i played head coach 09 religiously for a couple of months but go sick of not actually playing.

If only a fraction of what happened in hc09 is in madden 10, franchise is looking promising.

Gameplay and presentation only need working on. and online i guess.
Isn't that everything??
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think exclusive nfl license is to blame. I'm not saying that the madden guys aren't trying hard but there is nothing like competition to push limits
The same reason at some combines they time two runners right next to each other. The more competition the better the performance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #252
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
i think exclusive nfl license is to blame. I'm not saying that the madden guys aren't trying hard but there is nothing like competition to push limits
The same reason at some combines they time two runners right next to each other. The more competition the better the performance
You're right; when there's no one pushing you, you get complacent. It's not something inherently wrong with the guys at EA, it's human nature.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #253
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
You're right; when there's no one pushing you, you get complacent. It's not something inherently wrong with the guys at EA, it's human nature.
I think that's a cop out that's used way too frequently among this community and several others.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #254
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think that's a cop out that's used way too frequently among this community and several others.
What do you mean? Look at how good '04 and '05 were. That's when 2K was hitting its stride and making serious inroads at Madden's dominance in video game football. I don't think that's a coincidence.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #255
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
What do you mean? Look at how good '04 and '05 were. That's when 2K was hitting its stride and making serious inroads at Madden's dominance in video game football. I don't think that's a coincidence.
I agree that 2K was hitting its stride at that time. I'm not arguing that. After all, I've been more of a 2K Sports fan anyway.

However, I truly think it's a cop out when people try to employ the 'Madden stinks b/c of the lack of competition' excuse. Most people will say that Madden started its decline when this generaton of consoles started, correct? Well Ian and Phil have already stated several times the reasons for Madden's underwhelming performance thus far:

1) Direction of the Franchise- Under the previous regime, clearly the focus and priority wasn't to make the game more realistic. It's as simple as that.

2) New "Engine"- I know that EA hates the broad scope of the word engine. But basically, this game was built from the ground up at the start of this generation. That's why so many features have been/are still missing to this day.

It's not rational to think that Tiburon decided to rest on its laurels the day the license was secured. That wouldn't make great business sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #256
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I agree that 2K was hitting its stride at that time. I'm not arguing that. After all, I've been more of a 2K Sports fan anyway.

However, I truly think it's a cop out when people try to employ the 'Madden stinks b/c of the lack of competition' excuse. Most people will say that Madden started its decline when this generaton of consoles started, correct? Well Ian and Phil have already stated several times the reasons for Madden's underwhelming performance thus far:

1) Direction of the Franchise- Under the previous regime, clearly the focus and priority wasn't to make the game more realistic. It's as simple as that.

2) New "Engine"- I know that EA hates the broad scope of the word engine. But basically, this game was built from the ground up at the start of this generation. That's why so many features have been/are still missing to this day.

It's not rational to think that Tiburon decided to rest on its laurels the day the license was secured. That wouldn't make great business sense.

well they should take a year off then and just release a couple of patches for '09 if they're going to actually use this as one of their official excuses in every feature of the game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »