Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

No need to reach millions of fans, just enough to make EA notice, and it starts with just a few...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #282
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

last night going through my Closet I found a copy of NFL 2k5. I laughed and decided to pop it in and see what the game was like. I forgot all about the game so I was curious.

Man I was so shocked to see all the animations, presentation and Atmosphere the game had. Man it had the medical staff coming out for Injuries, and then showing a update on the sideline on the injury report. The way the players acted on the field when getting a 1st down, touchdown,or when being tackled. Then when the chain gang came out to measure a 1st down it was hilarious seeing all this in a game that is from 2k5. The crowd was very involved and the camera showed them at the right times and the fans acted crazy and hyped. It was sweet.

I can go on and on with what I saw, but being that the original poster titled this "Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me" It was crazy how much fun I was having watching a game as old as 2k5 that was made on a older system with less capabilities, out shine a Madden game in 09 on a system far superior.

Its pretty scary how far back madden has fallen, I knew they did but didnt realized how much they did after watching a old 2k5 game.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #283
All Star

OVR: 33

I also popped in NFL 2k5 the other day. Animations were great. Atmosphere was there. It was pretty great.

But at the end of the day, the game is 5 years old. Going from any 2008 game to a game 5 years old, you really see the difference in graphics. Art styles and stuff. You could really tell that this was an old game.

2k5 was great, but its passed its time imo.

we just gotta hope madden 10 is good.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #284
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I also popped in NFL 2k5 the other day. Animations were great. Atmosphere was there. It was pretty great.

But at the end of the day, the game is 5 years old. Going from any 2008 game to a game 5 years old, you really see the difference in graphics. Art styles and stuff. You could really tell that this was an old game.

we just gotta hope madden 10 is good.
Yea i swore the game didnt looked that grainy when I first played it , but i guess as time goes on and graphics improve we just didnt know better back then. Im still scratching my head cause I didnt think it was grainy lol.

Like you homie it was fun seeing all that but I cant really play something that old either.

Hmm what if the grapics were sharp lol
Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 2

2k5 is old true, but it's the only thing out there beside's madden. It's a lack of choice. That makes people go back to it. Which is really sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 5

Man, I used to ****ing live for Madden.

It really started in the N64 days. When they came out with Franchise mode, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It got better every year. It played reasonably well for when it came out. I remember looking forward to getting the new one for Christmas every year - Madden 99, Madden 2000, Madden 2001...

When I got my PS2, Madden 2003 was the first game I bought for it. I still remember bringing it home that first night and not wanting to ever stop playing. It just felt so right. I spent so much time creating formations and plays to use against my friends. We once played Madden 2003 for something like 16 straight hours. The game had its flaws (pass defense), but the players looked, moved, and acted like actual people - they felt like they had momentum. One thing that sticks out in my mind is a play at the end of the game against a friend. Bucs vs. Raiders, I'm back to pass, trailing at the end of the game. Brad Johnson starts to pass, but as he's getting ready a defender comes in and hits him, forcing the fumble. I had never seen this in a game before! IT LOOKED LIKE ACTUAL FOOTBALL!

Madden 2004 was probably the pinnacle of the series. All the great gameplay of 2003, but the new Playmaker controls were so cool - directing your receiver as you scramble, committing to the pass or the run, directing your lead blocker - more innovation. Not to mention owner mode. 2005 is where the series started becoming the same thing over and over, although I still loved that game. I had some epic Patriots-Colts matchups with my friend (my Pats prevailed more often than not).

I bought Madden 08 a month or so after I got a 360. I knew of the problems with 07 and 06 on the 360, but I figured this game would be improved, and besides, I wanted a football game to play. It was OK for a while, but as everyone else has mentioned, it was just boring and stupid and didn't feel like football at all. Getting 7, 8, 9 interceptions in one game? Where were the exciting games and moments from the PS2 games? Going back to my QB strip sack moment from Madden 2003, even such simple, important plays are not replicated. QBs move unrealistically (well, all players do) and pass on the run/off their back foot with precision. In the old days, pressure on the QB led to bad passes, which led to fumbles, sacks, and interceptions, thus making blitzes effective and adding a strategic element to the game.

I smartened up this past year and bought my copy of 09 off eBay. Played it for a while and definitely noticed an improvement. But after a while, I just couldn't stay interested. I found myself turning off the game halfway through the second quarter because I was bored out of my mind. Even playing online or against friends wasn't that great because of ridiculous, bull**** plays.

Needless to say, I don't have much hope for Madden 2010. It's going to be the same crappy game with a fresh coat of paint and a new set of useless/old features. And it'll be as overhyped as ever. I agree that this generation would be so much more enjoyable if it was just PS2/XBOX gameplay with pretty graphics. But it should be so much more. You'd think that, with all the advanced physics engines out there, that EA would be able to incorporate something worthwhile into Madden, rather than have this piss-poor system where guys stop, start and turn as if they have no momentum or inertia and get tackled in the most ugly, unrealistic, physically impossible ways. I don't even care about the presentation, immersion factor, or even franchise mode features at this point. I just want something that doesn't play like a game I expect to find for $10 in a bin at Wal-Mart.

And we'll never get anything better, because EA can just be their lazy, greedy selves and sit on what they have and the sheep will flock to the stores at midnight and throw away another $60 so that they can play a game that resembles nothing I have ever seen before, just like those lowlife douchebags on Madden Nation.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #287
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat3ralus65
Man, I used to ****ing live for Madden.

It really started in the N64 days. When they came out with Franchise mode, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It got better every year. It played reasonably well for when it came out. I remember looking forward to getting the new one for Christmas every year - Madden 99, Madden 2000, Madden 2001...

When I got my PS2, Madden 2003 was the first game I bought for it. I still remember bringing it home that first night and not wanting to ever stop playing. It just felt so right. I spent so much time creating formations and plays to use against my friends. We once played Madden 2003 for something like 16 straight hours. The game had its flaws (pass defense), but the players looked, moved, and acted like actual people - they felt like they had momentum. One thing that sticks out in my mind is a play at the end of the game against a friend. Bucs vs. Raiders, I'm back to pass, trailing at the end of the game. Brad Johnson starts to pass, but as he's getting ready a defender comes in and hits him, forcing the fumble. I had never seen this in a game before! IT LOOKED LIKE ACTUAL FOOTBALL!

Madden 2004 was probably the pinnacle of the series. All the great gameplay of 2003, but the new Playmaker controls were so cool - directing your receiver as you scramble, committing to the pass or the run, directing your lead blocker - more innovation. Not to mention owner mode. 2005 is where the series started becoming the same thing over and over, although I still loved that game. I had some epic Patriots-Colts matchups with my friend (my Pats prevailed more often than not).

I bought Madden 08 a month or so after I got a 360. I knew of the problems with 07 and 06 on the 360, but I figured this game would be improved, and besides, I wanted a football game to play. It was OK for a while, but as everyone else has mentioned, it was just boring and stupid and didn't feel like football at all. Getting 7, 8, 9 interceptions in one game? Where were the exciting games and moments from the PS2 games? Going back to my QB strip sack moment from Madden 2003, even such simple, important plays are not replicated. QBs move unrealistically (well, all players do) and pass on the run/off their back foot with precision. In the old days, pressure on the QB led to bad passes, which led to fumbles, sacks, and interceptions, thus making blitzes effective and adding a strategic element to the game.

I smartened up this past year and bought my copy of 09 off eBay. Played it for a while and definitely noticed an improvement. But after a while, I just couldn't stay interested. I found myself turning off the game halfway through the second quarter because I was bored out of my mind. Even playing online or against friends wasn't that great because of ridiculous, bull**** plays.

Needless to say, I don't have much hope for Madden 2010. It's going to be the same crappy game with a fresh coat of paint and a new set of useless/old features. And it'll be as overhyped as ever. I agree that this generation would be so much more enjoyable if it was just PS2/XBOX gameplay with pretty graphics. But it should be so much more. You'd think that, with all the advanced physics engines out there, that EA would be able to incorporate something worthwhile into Madden, rather than have this piss-poor system where guys stop, start and turn as if they have no momentum or inertia and get tackled in the most ugly, unrealistic, physically impossible ways. I don't even care about the presentation, immersion factor, or even franchise mode features at this point. I just want something that doesn't play like a game I expect to find for $10 in a bin at Wal-Mart.

And we'll never get anything better, because EA can just be their lazy, greedy selves and sit on what they have and the sheep will flock to the stores at midnight and throw away another $60 so that they can play a game that resembles nothing I have ever seen before, just like those lowlife douchebags on Madden Nation.
Homie if you have a good pc , it doesnt have to be a monster pc just a good one. You cant get Madden 08 for the PC . It has the same engine as the xbox and ps2 but it can play with graphics as high as 1080p and it looks and moves sweet. You can also use a 360 or ps2 controller. Also Madden 08 cost 19.99 in the stores but used u cant get it for like $10. You can also get the 2009 roster and schedule/Franchise. Moding on the pc is awesome.

Here are some images
They are of some NCAA teams we did for the game but u can see how the graphics look.

Fields
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa

Player Models
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-2

What nice is the players build, it looks right, and if u look at the fields on the player images u can see the difference between the grass fields and the turf fields. These images are taken at 1920 x 1080.

Hope this can help you. Peace
Old 01-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #288
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Why does age of a game make any difference?
If the gameplay is good,and it offers something you can't get anywhere else,why should the "age" of a game matter?

I would hope you would see a difference in graphics,but imo the graphics hold up pretty well considering the "age" and the hardware.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »