Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #289
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

2k5's gameplay was and is good. And you can't get it anywhere else. But the menus, transitions, text, the whole package feels and looks old.

You may not think so but a lot of gamers (Especially casuals) consider graphics and how pretty something looks largely important to the game.

Navigating through the menus in Madden, everything looks '2008'. I don't know how to describe it. It looks modern.

Playing 2k5, it looks, un-modern.

If a casual gamer had any choice, they'd play Madden 09 over 2k5 in a heartbeat.

I let my friends play 2k5, (they're not really into football), and they said ' I don't get it'. And we put in Madden again.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #290
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree 2k5 is the holy grail of football games.I pop it in just to watch the cpu vs cpu play.The running game is a thing of beauty,the passing game isn't all that great but it didn't hold the game back.

Madden 09 sucks the football life out of me but for some reason I always come back to it trying to make it enjoyable.Its been said time and time again EA Sports fails to put any type of soul in there sports titles.Come on EA halftime clips!!!...you mean to tell me that you can't piece those clips together to make a quick halftime highlight tape?....How about a player of the game? Madden just feels so cold and lifeless,on and off the field.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #291
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Homie if you have a good pc , it doesnt have to be a monster pc just a good one. You cant get Madden 08 for the PC . It has the same engine as the xbox and ps2 but it can play with graphics as high as 1080p and it looks and moves sweet. You can also use a 360 or ps2 controller. Also Madden 08 cost 19.99 in the stores but used u cant get it for like $10. You can also get the 2009 roster and schedule/Franchise. Moding on the pc is awesome.

Here are some images
They are of some NCAA teams we did for the game but u can see how the graphics look.

Fields
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa

Player Models
http://members.tripod.com/tyrant21rdfl/ncaa-2

What nice is the players build, it looks right, and if u look at the fields on the player images u can see the difference between the grass fields and the turf fields. These images are taken at 1920 x 1080.

Hope this can help you. Peace
Those images are so impressive. So you made those college models or is there a NCAA pc game (stupid question)? The PC Madden looks that good? I might have to give this a try. Could you give so more info.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #292
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
2k5's gameplay was and is good. And you can't get it anywhere else. But the menus, transitions, text, the whole package feels and looks old.

You may not think so but a lot of gamers (Especially casuals) consider graphics and how pretty something looks largely important to the game.

Navigating through the menus in Madden, everything looks '2008'. I don't know how to describe it. It looks modern.

Playing 2k5, it looks, un-modern.

If a casual gamer had any choice, they'd play Madden 09 over 2k5 in a heartbeat.

I let my friends play 2k5, (they're not really into football), and they said ' I don't get it'. And we put in Madden again.
Are you kidding me with this post??
Comparing menu's and such with a 5 year old game??...lol

Sorry to burst your bubble,but a game is measured for more than just "menus" and "text".

What I put in bold,really says alot...think about it for a moment.
Saying the menus and text and the "whole package" look dated....well shouldn't it?? Remember..."flashy" and "updated" menus doesn't necessarily mean good gameplay.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #293
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

The title of this thread says it all for me. It has sucked the enthusiasm out of me. Been playing since the series began. The last 2 years may have been the 2 worst games. Not buying 2010 until I see improvement for myself.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #294
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Those images are so impressive. So you made those college models or is there a NCAA pc game (stupid question)? The PC Madden looks that good? I might have to give this a try. Could you give so more info.?
Those are the player models in the game(there is no NCAA game for the PC). What happened is a friend from Football Freaks made NCAA rosters so brothers can have NCAA teams on the PC and we used Madden 08, and I teamed up with him and did all the artwork.

The project turned out really nice and I even made 22 NCAA 09 Bowl games.

What Info would you like to know homie?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #295
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Those are the player models in the game(there is no NCAA game for the PC). What happened is a friend from Football Freaks made NCAA rosters so brothers can have NCAA teams on the PC and we used Madden 08, and I teamed up with him and did all the artwork.

The project turned out really nice and I even made 22 NCAA 09 Bowl games.

What Info would you like to know homie?
Your work is just flat impressive, you should be proud of that.

I guess what I want to know is how much modding has be done with the pc madden, where is the best place to find some mods, and would it be worth my time to hunt down a pc version (since I am somewhat happy with the ps2 version of madden 09)? I know these are numbing questions, but I just would like some first-hand feedback. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #296
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Your work is just flat impressive, you should be proud of that.

I guess what I want to know is how much modding has be done with the pc madden, where is the best place to find some mods, and would it be worth my time to hunt down a pc version (since I am somewhat happy with the ps2 version of madden 09)? I know these are numbing questions, but I just would like some first-hand feedback. Thanks.
Thx u very much for the compliment. I really appreciate it.

Ok honestly the Modding isnt anything u have to worry about. I have a site where u just download the files and follow the instructions. Adding the files is a piece of cake. They do have modding tools out there for so much other things but you dont have to worry about it if u dont want to.

Playing with NCAA teams with all the artwork, and updated NFL 09 rosters is a piece of cake. Your just placing the file u downloaded to certain folders and your all set.
Now to update the schedule for your franchise to have the 09 schedule requires a program and you need to follow thier instructions on how to use the program, but it isnt that tuff.

They have mods where u get the Fox opening , ESPN, NBS sunday night, or CBS.
Theres a ton of stuff.

Here is the link , just look under Madden 08
http://football-freaks.com/forums/in...?act=Downloads

I cant honestly say if u should jump on the PC version since you have the PS2 version. I never played the PS2 version. They only thing I can say is if your cpu can display a nice resolution Madden on the PC looks alot better. Thats All I can truly say. For all I know the PS2 version can be more fun. I know the PC version has a ton of features on the gameplay side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »