Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #329
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I don't see why we should have our expectations so low, hell we're shelling out 60$ for this. How come we should expect a lower end product compared to the other top notch games that come out during the year? I'm going to wait and see what the people on the board have to say about the game this year before I pick it up (first time ever).
My philosophy is aim high, shoot low. Look, not everything I want is going to be put in 10. Those features might go in later versions.

If all the areas are improved and the game plays a game of realistic football, why should I cry because a few of the features that I wanted didn't get into the game.

I really don't think it's realistic to think that everything everyone wants will be put into 10. Each one of us wants different ideas and different issues addressed.

There will be some disappointed people.

I never said expect a lower end product, I'm just trying to be realistic knowing not everything we will included in 10.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #330
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If the Franchise Is actually Fun and the presentation is Improved then i will be happy.
That's my hopes.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #331
Banned

OVR: 14

all this praise for Madden 2005, wake up.

Quote:
Believe me, I thought 05 was a great Madden and definitely a great step in the right direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfCs_zBV9jE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #332
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I don't see why we should have our expectations so low, hell we're shelling out 60$ for this. How come we should expect a lower end product compared to the other top notch games that come out during the year? I'm going to wait and see what the people on the board have to say about the game this year before I pick it up (first time ever).
madden 10 will only be a renter for me.
im completly satisfied playing apf 2k8.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #333
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
What if Madden 2010 doesn't make leaps and bounds in the gameplay and presentation area? What if we are stuck with another year of shouda's and so on.Im not putting to much stock into Madden 2010,I love the fact that Phil and Ian are coming onto these boards and giving us a opportunity to voice our opinions and dislikes.But are we as dedicated sim players really going to put up with it for another year of the same thing they have been doing for years, and continue to crowd the "Madden 2011 wishlist" with ideas we have been screaming for since 06'......
As much as I want to believe that Ian and company will make a difference; logic says otherwise. Madden is selling; it's not like retailers are struggling to move copies of madden. What incentive does EA really have ? What will they have to gain buy making a better game ? What incentive do they have to please the hardcore sim baller(us) ? They'll sell the same amount of copies.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #334
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
As much as I want to believe that Ian and company will make a difference; logic says otherwise. Madden is selling; it's not like retailers are struggling to move copies of madden. What incentive does EA really have ? What will they have to gain buy making a better game ? What incentive do they have to please the hardcore sim baller(us) ? They'll sell the same amount of copies.
lumbergh.jpg
"I'm gonna have to go ahead and ... disagree with you there"

Though the "sim ballers" may be a smaller percentage of the total buyers, this group also spreads the word way more than anyone else. If you hate something, you deter way more people than you probably think, and if you like something you attract a ton more people than you probably think. Just look at how many mainstream media outlets picked up on the whole CPU slider mess in Madden 09, and the roster sharing issue in NCAA 09.

A few years back I read a great book - The Tipping Point - and it talks about the phenomenon of a small amount of people having the ability to make drastic changes. A good example would be when a small group of "cool kids" starting smoking and then everyone in the school starts smoking out of nowhere. It's great book if you haven't read it before - highly recommended.

Anyway, I definitely believe the "vocal minority" has a major influence on the larger market. Though we're here at OS to get feedback on the game, and to account for things that maybe we didn't think of, we're also here to make sure we make a game that you all can be satisfied with, because if you're happy, for the most part the larger market will very likely follow suit.

Just my 2c.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Attachment 12310
"I'm gonna have to go ahead and ... disagree with you there"

Though the "sim ballers" may be a smaller percentage of the total buyers, this group also spreads the word way more than anyone else. If you hate something, you deter way more people than you probably think, and if you like something you attract a ton more people than you probably think. Just look at how many mainstream media outlets picked up on the whole CPU slider mess in Madden 09, and the roster sharing issue in NCAA 09.

A few years back I read a great book - The Tipping Point - and it talks about the phenomenon of a small amount of people having the ability to make drastic changes. A good example would be when a small group of "cool kids" starting smoking and then everyone in the school starts smoking out of nowhere. It's great book if you haven't read it before - highly recommended.

Anyway, I definitely believe the "vocal minority" has a major influence on the larger market. Though we're here at OS to get feedback on the game, and to account for things that maybe we didn't think of, we're also here to make sure we make a game that you all can be satisfied with, because if you're happy, for the most part the larger market will very likely follow suit.

Just my 2c.
I know that you Phil and the rest of the Madden crew may look to please the fans but as far as EA goes. As far as the "suits" go I would have to disagree with you. I mean why else would they pay all that money for exclusive wrights to NFL? They didn't want to have to compete every year.
I am sure that if you went to you boss and said look I want to shell out this amount of money for euphoria (not that you would but just as an example) and I want to shell out this amount for extra announce crews, Pregame, Postgame and halftime commentators and so on and so forth you would more then likely be turned down. Reason being they don't care what we want because they are the only game in town as far as football games go.
I believe the that the only thing that would make them change their mind and pony up the big bucks to make some of the things that the fans have been BEGGING for is if a company like 2k sports or the backbreaker team were to put out a game with everything we have been BEGGING for and then make the teams and league 100% customizable.
I think that would put a big enough dent in the Madden intake that the "suits" would have to put some serious money into Madden again.
Why do you think that other EA sports games have all these cool new features and Madden hasn't really seen an upgrade in anything significant in 5 years?
MLB - The new fan feature. You record something and it has the fans shout it from the stands... It can even take your recording and make it sound like the crowd is chanting it! This would be awsome for Create a player or superstar mode. I am sure philly fans would love to hear themselves chanting O...D...O.....D....O...D....O....D When playing my cowboys at the linc.
NBA - Training room, they built and authentic training room. You can train at certain shots or drills. This feature would fit in perfectly with Franchise mode. To have a practice facility where the player could walk around as the GM and even takeover the player durring their special training. Or even watch some 11 on 11 drills where you can evaluate the team and make depth chart changes accordigly!
AND the whole DNA system thing! How cool is it that the players that are on a hot streak in real life are hot in this game? Or vice versa?
NHL - Be a pro mode... SOOOO authentic as far as a NHL player sim. When was the last time superstar had a face lift! (Please don't think I mean I want NBA's be a pro... That thing is a disgrace! I like the idea behind superstar mode it just needs to be revamped)
FIFA - Muliple announce crews! Come on man! We have been BEGGING for that!
Tigger Woods - That whole face wrap thingy. You can put your face on the player! That is soooo awsome! It would be awsome for create a player and superstar!

I am not saying this was your fault I just think that Madden is EA's last prioity since obtaining the sole wrights to the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #336

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

^Yes...surely you know more about the "suits" at EA than Ian does...thanks for sharing this inside knowledge with us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »