Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I remember someone from EA saying that the TV networks would end up wanting to copy their presentation. What a crock of horses**t that was.
Wow, that's just wrong lol. I gave up on Madden 10 last night after trying tons of different sliders in hope of making it an NFL sim. I even took a break from it so that the slider guys would have time to come up with the proper sliders. But alas after trying them all, I've conceded defeat.
The Madden team is definitely making strides but personally, I don't think one year is enough time to right this sinking ship. I don't care who's on the cover or the new commercial or the latest gimmick, just give me proper NFL gameplay damnit. I'll definitely be "passing on" NFL 11.

Last edited by hustlin; 11-29-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #370
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

madden 10 is good compared to '08 and really, really good compared to '09. Compared to just about anything prior to '08 on last gen? This game doesn't even come close to measuring up. I agree that EA has at least 2 "lost" years to make up for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon8 Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoneloko
Ok, first of all let me just say that I haven’t played madden since 06.
Now I’ve been reading though this thread and I’m seeing lots of people disappointed by the way EA has taken their once beloved football game. Now I don’t know if anyone has ever said this before but the solution seems simple to me. If you don’t like a product you don’t buy it. All the crying about how bad the game is means nothing when you are all still dishing out money every year to buy it. If you want EA to notice how disappointed the madden community is, show it by not paying for it. The lost of money to the company would be so great they would have no choice but to put forth extra effort to get their fan base back.
Just my two cents……
I totallly agree with you and I rolled with that attitude for two years previous to 10. But the hype, the marketing and the love of the game pulls you in man. It's tough, because you hope and pray and you believe that "this is the year" they get it right.
I wish that there was a way for us and others to let EA know about our dissatisfaction and our intent to not support their product till it's done right.
I think part of the problem is sliders. I preferred the old days when gamers had a choice of either simulation or arcade. The guys who spend their time and energy working on sliders to make the game play the way it should straight out of the box should be getting paid by EA for doing EA's job for them. It's not just EA though. It's sports games all across the board. I think sliders is game developers way of cutting costs by not having to test and make their game realistic. Even as good as NBA2K9 is, it still needs to be tweaked to play like the NBA.

Last edited by hustlin; 11-29-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »