Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Edited post #45 as I found the link to the article I was referring to. I'll post it here as well:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...558.htm?Page=1

From the 2nd page:

"A lot of the core designers on the title have won Madden tournaments, that’s how we found them and we recruited them and they started and they’ve grown inside the company."

Some of you may recall this from back in June. FWIW.
Sad and scary all at once. I was watching a Madden tourney on ESPN out of boredom, and I was appalled. Bomb, bomb, bomb. Rocket catch. Goal line QB sneak where the player hurdles repeatedly until he gets in. And this is '09. These are not the people I want designing my games--little wangstas from Philly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #66
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they do release two separate games, Head Coach and Madden. HC is the one that is meant to be a true sim. Unfortuantely, you can only coach the games.

Which means it's not a true alternative to Madden, just like NFL Tour wasn't a true alternative to Madden.

Even if Madden 2010 is great, all football video game fans should do whatever they can to urge the NFL to discontinue the exclusivity agreement.

People laugh at the apparent futility of online petitions, but the effort has to start somewhere. We need an awareness campaign. LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #67
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Which means it's not a true alternative to Madden, just like NFL Tour wasn't a true alternative to Madden.
You mentioned about them releasing two different types of games and I was pointing out they do. How well they satisfy both casual/hardcore gamers is up to each individual gamer to decide.

Whether thats a true alternative or not, they do have two different types of games out on the market.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #68
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

Quote:
Whether thats a true alternative or not, they do have two different types of games out on the market.

Well, yeah. They're both games that utilize the NFL license, but Head Coach is obviously a different type of game.

I play HC. In fact, I've been playing it a lot more than Madden lately. It has a lot of potential, but it's not a true alternative to Madden 09 the way APF 2K9 would have been.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #69
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Well, yeah. They're both games that utilize the NFL license, but Head Coach is obviously a different type of game.

I play HC. In fact, I've been playing it a lot more than Madden lately. It has a lot of potential, but it's not a true alternative to Madden 09 the way APF 2K9 would have been.
I agree its not a true alternative. Like I said, you mentioned why doesn't EA release two different types of games and I merely was pointing out they do, for better or for worse.

I agree 1000% its not a true alternative when its a game released by the same company and its basically the same type of game(Pro Football).

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #70
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

Quote:
I agree 1000% its not a true alternative when its a game released by the same company and its basically the same type of game(Pro Football).

So you're agreeing to join the NFL License Liberation Front?

Old 10-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #71
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
So you're agreeing to join the NFL License Liberation Front?

Sure, why not.

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Sad and scary all at once. I was watching a Madden tourney on ESPN out of boredom, and I was appalled. Bomb, bomb, bomb. Rocket catch. Goal line QB sneak where the player hurdles repeatedly until he gets in. And this is '09. These are not the people I want designing my games--little wangstas from Philly.
Just to follow up on this as I've posted this before, but there are no designers that are former tournament guys on Madden 2010. Hopefully you all will see from my posts (and eventually from the game) that Madden will absolutely NOT be catered to the tournament crowd. Those guys will figure out glitches and exploits no matter what...I'd rather us make the game so that someone can run a real-life offense and beat them instead of having to find 'better' exploits.

Also, dave374, I think this is a great thread. Believe it or not I share many of the same sentiments with you as well.

I am super excited with the position I'm in to make the game into what we all want it to be. It may take a long time, or it may only take a year...I don't really know. But it's a great spot to be - you all have a direct line to the lead designer and I have hundreds or thousands of hardcore Madden fans that just want one thing - a great f'ing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »