Home

Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese

This is a discussion on Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese

What? Now people are complaining that a team is to "cheese" friendly? Seriously...you can beat any team with any other if both players actually play football properly. This is why I only play online with buddies. It's a "no win" otherwise. You play against a kid who wants to exploit the game or you play against a whiner who's mad because you picked a better team. My team is the Cowboys. I either play with them or the Texans. I've won with both and lost with both. I don't see the problem. It's easier with the 'Boys against certain teams (as it should be) but never cheap. Find some friends and play them instead of these online brats. It will save you some of this silly anger
Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

This is why I stay away from online for the most part. I'm no cheeser nor do I religiously play the game. But as soon as someone sees that I've picked my favorite team (The 'Boys), gamers back out of the match. Either you can play the game or you can not. I'm not the best Madden player; no one should be scared to play against me lol.

People that like good teams tend to have a hard time finding a match online. Maybe I should join a league or play against some friends for a match.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

The Cowboys are this years Patriots of 08.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #12
Rookie

USC-Trojans's Arena

OVR: 3

Some Cowboy users are bums.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

People who make topics like this are the reason EA feels the need to make every team as equal as humanly possible.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 29

Is that why there is a 67 Rated Team and a 96 rated team?

Your definition of equal is funny
Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Well if you know how to play and are any good...the Raiders D is the best in the game. They are fast and Nnamdi shuts down an entire side of the field.

I can destroy the Cowboys with the Raiders right now....Shutdown D and McFadden runs all over the place with DeAngelo Hall catching passes as a 3rd WR.

Zach Miller is tough to stop too.

But I'll say this about the Cowboys, Romo's rating is TOO HIGH!

T.O. is one of the most overrated players in the game....especially speed and catch wise. The guy has awful hands and drops a lot of passes. His route running has gotten worse and worse.

But yea, if you want to stop the Cowboys, pick the Raiders and learn to play D. Nnamdi will take T.O. out completely. Hall will always be in position to pick off any deep pass to Roy Williams. The LBs will keep the underneath clean.

Then you just gotta decide if you prefer passing to running. If you like the running game and prefer to roll out with your QB and scramble around, use Russell...otherwise put Walter in and pass. Walter has an 87 Accuracy Rating compared to Russell's 80.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
Well if you know how to play and are any good...the Raiders D is the best in the game. They are fast and Nnamdi shuts down an entire side of the field.

I can destroy the Cowboys with the Raiders right now....Shutdown D and McFadden runs all over the place with DeAngelo Hall catching passes as a 3rd WR.

Zach Miller is tough to stop too.

But I'll say this about the Cowboys, Romo's rating is TOO HIGH!

T.O. is one of the most overrated players in the game....especially speed and catch wise. The guy has awful hands and drops a lot of passes. His route running has gotten worse and worse.

But yea, if you want to stop the Cowboys, pick the Raiders and learn to play D. Nnamdi will take T.O. out completely. Hall will always be in position to pick off any deep pass to Roy Williams. The LBs will keep the underneath clean.

Then you just gotta decide if you prefer passing to running. If you like the running game and prefer to roll out with your QB and scramble around, use Russell...otherwise put Walter in and pass. Walter has an 87 Accuracy Rating compared to Russell's 80.
Right.....

The Raiders are weak for real...Stop Mcfadden..and your good.

Pass D is overrated. They CAN be passed on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »