Home

Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese

This is a discussion on Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #17
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Cowboys Online + Roy Williams = Ultimate Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson9937955
And the sad part is the Cowboys absolutely SUCK in real life and wont even make the playoffs but in the game, they will be unstoppable. A cheesers wet dream, a trained monkey could win online with the cowboys.

You have NO TALENT if you use the Cowboys online
What if I've been a Cowboys fan for 40 years and I don't want to use anyone else? I used them online 3 years ago when they sucked, why can't I use them now?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
Well if you know how to play and are any good...the Raiders D is the best in the game. They are fast and Nnamdi shuts down an entire side of the field.

I can destroy the Cowboys with the Raiders right now....Shutdown D and McFadden runs all over the place with DeAngelo Hall catching passes as a 3rd WR.

Zach Miller is tough to stop too.

But I'll say this about the Cowboys, Romo's rating is TOO HIGH!

T.O. is one of the most overrated players in the game....especially speed and catch wise. The guy has awful hands and drops a lot of passes. His route running has gotten worse and worse.

But yea, if you want to stop the Cowboys, pick the Raiders and learn to play D. Nnamdi will take T.O. out completely. Hall will always be in position to pick off any deep pass to Roy Williams. The LBs will keep the underneath clean.

Then you just gotta decide if you prefer passing to running. If you like the running game and prefer to roll out with your QB and scramble around, use Russell...otherwise put Walter in and pass. Walter has an 87 Accuracy Rating compared to Russell's 80.
It's amazing to me how the internet has given voice to the ignorant. There is no corner in the game that can shut down ANY WR in Madden 09. First off, no one plays man-to-man because it's broken this year. I can beat your Nnamdi with Sam Hurd on a simple out route 10 out of 10 times. So now you're takling zone, well how do you shut down TO when all I have to do is run him out of Nnamdi's zone. Not to mention, I can always flip the side of the field I put TO on. So yeah, you are FOS.

The Raiders blow. None of the receivers scare you so you can play your base defense and just pressure the running game and the QB. I've never lost to the Raiders. I'm sure some elite player could whip me with them, but I doubt you're that guy.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Putting hall at 3rd WR is the definition of cheese.

Man-to-Man is fked as already stated. Until that is fixed, corners are inconsequential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »