Home

New idea for Franchise mode....

This is a discussion on New idea for Franchise mode.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
New idea for Franchise mode....

I'm stealing the idea from MVP baseball 2005. Where you get to build up your teams stadium and add different upgrades while trying to field a winning team and keeping costs down.

Ways to be successful:

*Good Drafting. Finding diamonds in the rough. A stud after the 2nd round.

*Let's say your franchise team is the Rams and your owner sends you a message stating that if you win, he will add a significant amount of money to your bank. Thus allowing you to purchase upgrades fo your stadium

UPGRADES:

*Amount of seating. (Gradually going up as your franchise gets rolling)

*Scoreboards. (Multiple scoreboard options. LED ones that wrap completely around the stadium, gigantic ones, and you franchise runner, choose the colors.)

*Top of Stadium. (Your stadium will start out open-aired. and If you choose to, you can eventually, after making enough $$ of course put on a dome, retractable roof, etc.)

*Custom Soundtracks at home (Choose what songs play after Home TDs, Away TDS, halftime, firstdowns, interceptions, fumbles, big gains, kickoffs, team intros from your hardrives.)

*Able to re-design jerseys w/o having to relocate (Pants, jersey styles, helmets, socks, shoes. All can be any color of the color spectrum.)

*More city surroundings. (Skyscraper cities, Mountains, Highways, Forrests, other stadiums [baseball, hockey, etc], normal cities, factories, you get the point).

*Restaurants, attractions, team stores. (Pizza, nachos, hotdogs, soda, candy, popcorn, and of course beer. A madden challenge room, kids attractions, live auctions, giveaways, tailgating outside. Hat, jersey, memorbilia sales.)

*Set prices. (Ticket prices, parking prices, food prices, store prices, etc.)

*Take totaly control of team (Fire coaches mid-season, release locker cancers, promote players from the practice squard, etc.)

Just a few ideas I have been pondering. Let me hear your thoughts. Thanks,

Matt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: New idea for Franchise mode....

I would be happy if they had a legit Franchise mode.

Your ideas will fall on deaf ears as much as I like them.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I would be happy if they had a legit Franchise mode.

Your ideas will fall on deaf ears as much as I like them.
Lol. Yes I know. But thanks anyways. haha
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

great list of ideas i hope EA Puts them in as Madden 2010is sopposed to be the year of the franchise mode

while they are at it add in the 8 man pratice squads as well as 80 man rosters to atleast cut down to 53 players During franchise after preaseon and have extra spots for IR

Bring Back the The Spefic Team Helmets for the Pro Bowl as i used to play the pro bowl but have not since beng on next gen dut to the helmets ts harder to find the players i want to use in game and in later years it even more useless as u dont know which players are on which team please bring back the team spfic helmets for the pro bowl

bring back training camp as in the ps2 version

bring back defensiive assignments

bring back the tony bruno show

bring back in season progression using the same format as in old gen progesssion in the preseason as well as every four weeks during the season inclyding playoffs and off season

bring back owner mode and all the owner mode features that were in old gen with some new features that never been add before like bounas money for proformence money for example

also for online bring back the roster download section like in old gen as well as online depth charts so i done have to pause every game

also bring back the old gen fair play settings as i am tried of people going for it on 4th and 30

also bring back defensive assgments

and bring back dymanic lighting where the game changes from daytime to nighttime this should be included in offline mode as well when a game progesses not only should the time of day change bu weather conditions as well

also please bring back the deal where injured players like tom brady who get hurt in real life cannot be used in an online game screw the crybabies who dont want this i want it for more realisim as u have to learn to adjust plus injuries are a part of the game and they should be based on who is starting in the nfl that week or year so say next year manning gets hurt and is lost for the year people should not be allowed to use him online as he is hurt in real life and they should be forced to use a guy like jim sorgi makes them have to learn to adjumt plus its realisim bring this back

also the 80 man expanded rosters must be add not only cuz its the off season limit in real life and not only for extra ir spots but for when madbacker the ea roster update guy makes the rosters he does not have to drop guys off the team in to free agents or remove them from the game like he has to right now the 80 man limit will solve this please add

and most of all bring back the vision cone and all the old gen stuff thanks

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!

Last edited by Chiefsfan881129; 10-14-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

I personally want Franchise Mode to be a true simulation of running a franchise, it shouldn't be easy to put together a team full of 99 Rated players or a team full of T.O.'s and Kellen Winslow's (They are both selfish and want the ball every time).

I would also like to see Rookie Agents come into the mix more often. Having a #1 Pick hold out on a team should be more common. If not a hold-out, make it so they can demand a lot of money compared to other draftees.

Here are some of my "creative" ideas.
  1. Give owner mode an overhaul where we can actually see the things we add to the stadium. IE- New Jumbotrons, A Real Medical Facility, not just some RPG Make Believe 12 sided dice medical facility.
  2. Something kinda like the 2K5 Crib but you could call it the "Clubhouse". I would like to see this as a luxery suite that fills up with different franchise honors that you have achieved as the owner- Super Bowl Trophies, MVP Plaques, Mini-Games (maybe a "Classic" EA Arcade game) in the corner of the room. Posters- etc.
  3. Dynamic Player Morale - Make the morale of players more volatile and fluxuate the performance of your players. Take a look at the Bengals' performance as Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer are hurt or angry with management.
  4. Make Drafting feel like Draft day... PLEASE!!! If you actually watch the draft and tell me there is ZERO emotion. I remember in past Maddens where the crowd would "Boo" or "Cheer" your pick, put something like that in the next game.
  5. CPU Draft Logic - This shouldnt need to be explained, but please take some time and include the logic to draft for necessity.
  6. CPU Trading - initiating a trade shouldn't be one sided, I personally think the Trading Block feature is nice but it would make sense for a team needing/wanting someone to place a call and ask if someone is available for trade.
  7. ESPN - You've got the license, USE IT! - Pre-Season Shows, Monday Night Football Presentation.
This is just what I can think of off the top of my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I personally want Franchise Mode to be a true simulation of running a franchise, it shouldn't be easy to put together a team full of 99 Rated players or a team full of T.O.'s and Kellen Winslow's (They are both selfish and want the ball every time).

I would also like to see Rookie Agents come into the mix more often. Having a #1 Pick hold out on a team should be more common. If not a hold-out, make it so they can demand a lot of money compared to other draftees.

Here are some of my "creative" ideas.
  1. Give owner mode an overhaul where we can actually see the things we add to the stadium. IE- New Jumbotrons, A Real Medical Facility, not just some RPG Make Believe 12 sided dice medical facility.
  2. Something kinda like the 2K5 Crib but you could call it the "Clubhouse". I would like to see this as a luxery suite that fills up with different franchise honors that you have achieved as the owner- Super Bowl Trophies, MVP Plaques, Mini-Games (maybe a "Classic" EA Arcade game) in the corner of the room. Posters- etc.
  3. Dynamic Player Morale - Make the morale of players more volatile and fluxuate the performance of your players. Take a look at the Bengals' performance as Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer are hurt or angry with management.
  4. Make Drafting feel like Draft day... PLEASE!!! If you actually watch the draft and tell me there is ZERO emotion. I remember in past Maddens where the crowd would "Boo" or "Cheer" your pick, put something like that in the next game.
  5. CPU Draft Logic - This shouldnt need to be explained, but please take some time and include the logic to draft for necessity.
  6. CPU Trading - initiating a trade shouldn't be one sided, I personally think the Trading Block feature is nice but it would make sense for a team needing/wanting someone to place a call and ask if someone is available for trade.
  7. ESPN - You've got the license, USE IT! - Pre-Season Shows, Monday Night Football Presentation.
This is just what I can think of off the top of my head.
I like it. and when Building the stadium like I said earlier, they're should be a field option of baseball type like in old versions.

I really like Madden 09. EA needs to build on the product.

Fine tune the gameplay.

Add depth to the franchise.

Improve Superstar mode.

Bingo-bango, Madden 2010 = 10/10
Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

MAD NFL HEAD COACH DEN 2010
Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
I'm stealing the idea from MVP baseball 2005. Where you get to build up your teams stadium and add different upgrades while trying to field a winning team and keeping costs down.

Ways to be successful:

*Good Drafting. Finding diamonds in the rough. A stud after the 2nd round.

*Let's say your franchise team is the Rams and your owner sends you a message stating that if you win, he will add a significant amount of money to your bank. Thus allowing you to purchase upgrades fo your stadium

UPGRADES:

*Amount of seating. (Gradually going up as your franchise gets rolling)

*Scoreboards. (Multiple scoreboard options. LED ones that wrap completely around the stadium, gigantic ones, and you franchise runner, choose the colors.)

*Top of Stadium. (Your stadium will start out open-aired. and If you choose to, you can eventually, after making enough $$ of course put on a dome, retractable roof, etc.)

*Custom Soundtracks at home (Choose what songs play after Home TDs, Away TDS, halftime, firstdowns, interceptions, fumbles, big gains, kickoffs, team intros from your hardrives.)

*Able to re-design jerseys w/o having to relocate (Pants, jersey styles, helmets, socks, shoes. All can be any color of the color spectrum.)

*More city surroundings. (Skyscraper cities, Mountains, Highways, Forrests, other stadiums [baseball, hockey, etc], normal cities, factories, you get the point).

*Restaurants, attractions, team stores. (Pizza, nachos, hotdogs, soda, candy, popcorn, and of course beer. A madden challenge room, kids attractions, live auctions, giveaways, tailgating outside. Hat, jersey, memorbilia sales.)

*Set prices. (Ticket prices, parking prices, food prices, store prices, etc.)

*Take totaly control of team (Fire coaches mid-season, release locker cancers, promote players from the practice squard, etc.)

Just a few ideas I have been pondering. Let me hear your thoughts. Thanks,

Matt
A few of us were discussing this a while ago and while I agree with the feature options you mention, I have one disagreement. DO NOT make it like MVP 05. I'm fine with building a stadium up as you go (To a degree...football stadiums are more "finalized" when built than baseball stadiums) but not as a requirement. I hated that in order to get the create-a-stadium feature I had to use it in that fashion no matter which team I used. So if I was the Red Sox, I couldn't have Fenway and build a new stadium later. I'd prefer options more akin to Madden 05 with more fleshed out features personally. I'd also like to see dynamic attendence from the jump. So you can jump into a Cowboys or Patriots Franchise and see sell outs, but go to a Lions game and see some empty seats. Anyway, good ideas overall

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »