Home

ea should take a look at nba 2k9

This is a discussion on ea should take a look at nba 2k9 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: ea should take a look at nba 2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
What??????????????? Glaring issues and a SOMEWHAT playable game are acceptable to you?? Well then, I guess we have different standards for our $60.00 investment.

I don't think ANYONE is asking for perfection....but get real. This game is BROKEN, not a representation of the game of football (which is what it is supposed to be as it carries the NFL license) in much of any way. For $60.00, people expect more, and rightfully so.
I just want the game to draw me in and provide the same enjoyable expierence I've had and am having with the LG versions. Then expand on it. Thats it. Please let 2010 do that or please give me 2010 on LG.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

The game is by no means broken at all. It fully functions to how the Ea personel intended to. (except for a few patched things)

The game is imo bad and doesn't cater to my tastes. It is not broken.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

well i kno people are tired of hearing about how 2k had things right in their NFL game like they had allmost all penialties in the game like throwing pass the LOS receviers runing out of bounds and coming back in a catching the ball was even called. and i see receviers doing that almost every game i play on madden. even thier play challenging system was great where u could choose wat part of the play u wanted to challeng but in madden if its more than one than that u can challeng then u gotta hope thier will challeng the right thing. and all that was on the ps2 and xbox. and this is suppose to be next gen or watever they wanna call it. we should see all that plus more especially for a game withthe NFL lincense.If 2k5 football had madden gameplay then that would have been the best game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

"EA should take a look at NBA 2K9"

But they won't.So why bother saying it.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
"EA should take a look at NBA 2K9"

But they won't.So why bother saying it.
actually, they most likely will. Its my understanding they have a library of all games released.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-16-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
All Star

Ea should seriously consider elements of Fifa 09.

'The Arena' comes to mind. Highest ovr 94. User picked jerseys online. Pre-loading screen substitutions and depth chart changes.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The game is by no means broken at all. It fully functions to how the Ea personel intended to. (except for a few patched things)

The game is imo bad and doesn't cater to my tastes. It is not broken.
I responded to you in the broken game poll, but in case you don't see me there...

A few post up is a thread called "The ONE facemask animation" or something like that. Check Ian's responses there on why we don't see all the facemask & catch animations in the game. The game is not functioning as EA intended. And Ian has talked about other aspects of the game not working properly.

If that's not broken, I don't know what is. The game doesn't have to be completely unplayable to be broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
EA has trouble getting the gameplay right. You want them to have player specific cleats?
True, and well put. I think it's time for a "re-branding" of Madden. The game needs an entirely new foundation: new core concepts, new goals, new models, new movement systems. I think this brand has reached the end of its capacity. Remember when Mario went 3D? It's time for Madden to do something like that. Even though the graphics are pretty (in still shots, it's a bit of an embarrassment in motion), it feels like an old game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »