Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #49
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

Your friend invites you to a party. He says that he is THINKING about having steak and shrimp for the grill, along with a keg and no host open bar! But he delivers cheese and crackers with Coors Lite.

Now he never promised all those goodies he listed.

Should you be upset?

Bubba4
Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #50
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't see why one company would blame another company in public except only to deflect the blame.

To me, it's really a mute point either way.
It's a "moot" point also.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #51
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

the funny thing is how we're getting shafted on the DLC when the stuff in the DLC should have been included in the game in the first place, not a patch or DLC! CPU sliders and controller configurations???

dude this is next gen, madden has had sliders and alternate control schemes for years!

DLC should be stuff like uniforms and stadiums, not basic things EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME has like sliders and controller configs.

it's rich how this DLC has been labeled for "hardcore fans" or whatever. it's basic to the game! next year they'll put out a game without a football and offer it in DLC!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #52
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

now they can list the contents of the DLC as "New Features" of Madden 2010
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
Your friend invites you to a party. He says that he is THINKING about having steak and shrimp for the grill, along with a keg and no host open bar! But he delivers cheese and crackers with Coors Lite.

Now he never promised all those goodies he listed.

Should you be upset?

Bubba4
Of course you should, but you have alternatives. You can find a good bar and grill down the road and down a few beers there.
With Madden, if the game is average or below average, there are no football alternatives.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #54
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I am disappointed, but thankfully not surprised.

At least the last letdown of this years Madden game has dropped.

I guess I'll have to try the dummy profile thing.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 10

Tough/sad news for us Madden fans. But Im sick of even talking about 09. This just confirms that I can trade it in earlier than I expeted. I was holding onto it just for the sake of seeing if the CPU sliders could help fix the cpu run game.

**** PHIL or IAN ********* PLEASE READ THIS *****

Can you's please make sure the game gets tested ahead of time next season. Like what was the point of community day if what they reported is either non-exsistant or doesnt get fixed? And have them play the CPU cause thats where 100% of the problems are. Dumb AI

TEST THE GAME , TEST THE GAME, TEST THE GAME.

How can some of this stuff make it through testers? Assuming you's do use testers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #56
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Translation, we have your money and now we'll work to get it again next year. I know this is disappointing to all and I know this next sentence may sting a little but.......you're all partially to blame. EA continues to let you down, and you continue to have hope. The same people who are frustrated and say this sucks and this is the last straw and they won't buy Madden next year, you'll be in line at midnight for Madden 2010. Online cheesers are the target market now and that's all you have, that's all the NFL has given you. This was predicted years ago when EA purchased the right for no competition. It will continue on the downward spiral until hell freezes over, the NFL exclusive contract is over, and a company stands up to take the giant down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »