Home

Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Phil Frazier Says No 3rd Patch or DLC For Madden 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
God I Ian is for real. He is mine/our only hope.
I respect Ian's aspirations, seriously, but he's an employee. He could have the dream game set for us, but if EA says no, there's simply nothing he can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #66
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm glad I finally know what is going on and what I am dealing with. I'm just making one post and I am going to tell you that you lost a loyal customer today. One person may mean jack in the big picture and since you really have no idea if I am loyal or not it could be an empty threat to you.

But I was a loyal supporter and defender of your game, some of the anti-EA people like GT who I have battled with and repeatedly stuck up for EA over the years on other forums will probably be in shock by seeing this statement.

I'm done, you're disingenuous people who are only out to market a game. Well played you and Ian fooled me and you will continue to fool many more people next year and probably for years to come. You're snake oil salesmen and good ones, I hope you make this product better in the future but you have no track record of being honest so my hopes aren't high.

No need to ban me or anything like that I will go back into lurker mode for games who do deliver like The Show, NHL and Fifa. Good day, good riddance and good luck to all the people who will endure the same BS next year.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #67
Banned

Ridiculous. Thanks for the $60 coaster, EA/Sony/Microsoft or whoever the hell's responsible. Glad I went back to that "other" NFL game; you know, that 4-year-old game made by a former competitor that blows Madden out of the water? Yeah, that one. I'm tired of hearing "maybe they'll get it right next year". Uh-huh. I've been saying that since Madden 06. Enough's enough. With the way things are going, a decent Madden won't be around till about 2020, and by then I'll be too GD old to care.
So long, EA, it's been nice knowing ya.(or not so much)
Old 10-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #68
All Star

I think the real issues are
1) why did it take this long to state DLC isn't happening? This is what would really have me ticked if i was more into Madden.

2) I don't' really understand all the threats about not buying the game. I get your mad but hardcore fans are not really the target. We are the indirect target. The only reason we get as much voice as we do is because EA know that hardcores are the ones most the casuals go to for information.

An Example, your a computer geek- your not computer geeks will ask you about what CPU to buy since your into that stuff. Its the same with games- my casual gamer friends will ask me what games i would recommend. We effect the sales to a point but not enough to really bend over for.

3) People really need to stick to their guns for once. Hardcores also tend to be pretty forgiving because they want to love the game. So they buy it each year after hearing the sales pitch. Many times the same guys who are telling me Madden sucks from Oct thru the super bowl are the same clowns telling me the new features in June.

This is the first Madden i bought since 2004. Its probably the last Madden i buy for a few years or at least on day 1. If you want to vote- vote with your wallets. Don't sell your friends on how this is the year next June, July and August.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:05 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6

i can read it on the back of the 2010 box now "new feature:Computer Sliders, a new way to play the game"
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #70
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

After not buying Madden for the last few years I have to admit they got me this time. I guess I should have known better. Let's just have a quick review of the chain of events.

1. EA has the brilliant move of removing CPU sliders that have been a part of the franchise for probably the last decade.

2. The EA reps are on here pre-release discussing Madden 09, but never mention this major design decision that would disappoint any sim gamer who likes to customize their game.

3. Early impressions come out from Abner and others saying there are no CPU sliders. EA reps start scrambling with no one taking responsibility or explaining why the CPU sliders were removed in the first place.

4. EA reps give a glimmer of hope by saying they are working on DLC that could possibly add CPU sliders to the game and tell us they will keep us posted.

5. A couple of months go by with the customers left totally in the dark in regards to the DLC

6. EA finally comes out and tells us no DLC, see ya in 2010.

I'm sorry if I missed anything, but I think that's a pretty good summary.

Since the Madden guys appreciate the feedback here is a little bit more:

"Next gen" is NOW and your product is becoming an embarrassment. The EA NBA Live, NHL, and FIFA series have all improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years while your product has remained stagnant. Games like MLB the Show and NBA 2k are breaking new ground every year while Madden is trying to catch up to a game that's been dead for 3 years.

I know you guys crush all these games in sales and there is no financial reason for you to push the envelope at this time. I would just hope as gamers you would have some pride in your product and a little more respect for your fan base. Good luck on 2010, my copy will be traded in tomorrow.

[End of rant]
Old 10-18-2008, 05:08 AM   #71
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
somebody mentioned its $ 27 at gamestop well thanks because i just got my pre-order on COD WaW money........

with fifa and live being good i'll get my franchise or online fix somewhere else.......

devs stay off the boards because even though you come here and blah blah we get garbage ......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
somebody mentioned its $ 27 at gamestop well thanks because i just got my pre-order on COD WaW money........

with fifa and live being good i'll get my franchise or online fix somewhere else.......

devs stay off the boards because even though you come here and blah blah we get garbage ......
Yeah, because then we'd be left totally in the dark.....that'd be SO much better.

Wouldn't really blame them if they packed up shop after all the abuse they take here, though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »