Home

2010- The Pressure is On!

This is a discussion on 2010- The Pressure is On! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: 2010- The Pressure is On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace

There are many great video games out there, Mass Effect, Bioshock, APF2K8 and GTA just to name a few.
People mention APF against Madden 09, but that game is just as as flawed. Horrendous ballcarrier animation that was nothing more than a tweak of 2K5's horrible ballcarrier animation (I loved 2K5 by the way). LOTS of very sloppy animation glitches. Undisputably the worst grass of all time, lol. Defense that goes out the window in 2-player games. Virtually unstoppable super backs. Customization with handcuffs determined to keep you from REALLY customizing the game the way it should've allowed. No ability to play your created teams vs. your other created teams without playing switcharoo with a second controller (what were they thinking?). An awful season mode that isn't even worth playing. The most disgusting looking jersey's ever crafted in electronic form. Terrible team names... the list goes on and on. And that's only a fraction of the reason why the game failed. The lack of NFL was one big factor, but the lack of common sense in concept design was the other...

I mean for God's sake, they didn't even name the championship game, lol. They were too lazy to come up with a name so they just called it "The Championship". Coming from a DIEHARD 2K football fan, that game was a tremendous disappointment. 2K5 was their best effort and I doubt they'll be back with football so 2K5 will be the one I'll remember from them and I'll forgive them for APF. APF was not the worst, but it certainly wasn't their best effort. Not by a long shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
Look, I'd like a fantastic truly next Gen (rapidly becoming current gen) NFL game to. But it is NOT going to happen given the current situation. I've accepted that. Time to move on.
360/PS3 is current gen. No longer becoming... it is now and has been since 2005. Once a new gen begins, it becomes the current. It's strange though that for some reason, with this generation we've gotten stuck in this strange terminology where people keep referring to the old as the current and the current as the next. Very weird stuff... I don't know how that all got started...

Anyway, I rented Madden 09 and liked it. I still like it. But I don't like the fact that this game is years behind where it should be. Like Countryboy said, it was the direction from the beginning of this generation that derailed Madden. For me, the second I saw players with Tree-trunk arms in the first previews for Madden 06, I knew we were in for trouble, lol.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 10-20-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 29
EARLY DETAILS ON MADDEN 2010!!!

I just found myself wondering "Where are the EA guys during all of this?" Then I remembered -

"We are working on 2010 and will give more details in January"

Straight from EA HQ

Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #67
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

this review has nothing to do with madden but the man has a point with the review of the force unleashed. but what customers do to themselves..EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

To all you who love to put themselves in this situation should look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQ1GBykbZ4
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

Last edited by mastershake88; 10-20-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
For 2010 I will be listening for proof from the community leaders at the community events that Ian's "Top 25" list has been incorporated into the game with the attention to detail that is needed.
I don't put much stock in what the "community leaders" have to say about Madden. Those guys (PastaPadre, Russell, etc.) all called this year's the Best Madden Yet. Which might have been true, but it also wasn't saying a whole lot. Because those guys get flown down to EA's headquarters for an all-expense paid visit, where they hob knob with the developers and various celebrities, their opinion is seriously biased. You might as well count on them calling next year's version the best one yet, too.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #69
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
For 2010 I will be listening for proof from the community leaders at the community events
TBH.....I wouldn't trust those guys either. They pretty much do the same things as far as hyping the game pre-release,and answer the questions about the same as well....."didn't get a chance to try that","didn't have time for that", "all we played were head to head games"..and so on.

The best thing to do is just wait it out...and if at all possible rent before buying sp you don't make the "$60 mistake" next year.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #70
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I don't put much stock in what the "community leaders" have to say about Madden. Those guys (PastaPadre, Russell, etc.) all called this year's the Best Madden Yet. Which might have been true, but it also wasn't saying a whole lot. Because those guys get flown down to EA's headquarters for an all-expense paid visit, where they hob knob with the developers and various celebrities, their opinion is seriously biased. You might as well count on them calling next year's version the best one yet, too.
Awww....you beat me to it
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #71
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Awww....you beat me to it
and many others. myself included. Community Leaders are a marketing tool now. Good in theory, poor in execution. CL's are just like the commercial with the 10 year old girl and Madden Nation. They're just looking for an EA job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #72
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
and many others. myself included. Community Leaders are a marketing tool now. Good in theory, poor in execution. CL's are just like the commercial with the 10 year old girl and Madden Nation. They're just looking for an EA job.
My thought's as well.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »