Home

Tackles and Hit Stick (Critical)

This is a discussion on Tackles and Hit Stick (Critical) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Tackles and Hit Stick (Critical)

Tackles are a huge element of football and need their own discussion. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the tackling system/animations, starting with some basic rules and u guys can give feedback.

1. NO ONE should be able to execute a hit-stick if they don't have a LEAST a 5-10 yard running headstart.

reason: Too many times, a WR or HB will have the ball and an INSTANT hit stick will occur that look HORRIFICALLY fake, especially when u hit a WR trying to make a catch and you don't have momentum for an explosion tackles. akward

2. Hit sticks should be powerful WRAP tacles and not the WWE (shoulder block "I'm yo daddy") tackles.

Reason: It looks fake! but specifically...The majority of the upward hitsticks are those shoulder block power tackles are occur rarely in football. Madden developers should be creative enough to capture powerful tackles where the defender makes a hard hit and WRAPS or TACKLES the person to the ground. The only time that a WWE hit stick should be remotely considered is if a WR is running full speed and a LB tackles him.

3. No position other than LB, some Safties, and some D-Line, should be able to execute a hit stick.

Reason. TRUTHFULLY, Hitsticks should be EXCLUSIVE to those individuals who have extremely high tackle and power ratings. Please do not have any corners hitting TE's on hitsticks. It looks ********.

4. There is one animation in particular that occurs WAY too frequently. A two-man gang tackle and one defender lunges himself with a wild, airborn shoulder block and knocks both defenders done. That should be done like once every 10 games, but it's done like 10 times a game. it looks SOO fake. As a matter of face, just remove it. smh

5. Let us hitstick the QB! I don't care as much about this as my friend, but once u implement QUALITY tackles, let us hit stick the QB. I understand that the league is trying to protect them IN REAL LIFE, but allow it on the game if we execute the command properly.

Conclusion:
EA should just have a Tackle stick and if your player is talented enough, then maybe you can flash hit stick on the top of the screen. Yes, this will result in less hit sticks, but the game will look 500% more realistic (and yes, that is correct math) and it will make the user cherish hit sticks that much more. Less is more.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tackles and Hit Stick (Critical)

Quote:
Please do not have any corners hitting TE's on hitsticks. It looks ********.
Cedric Griffin did it to Billy Miller 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the G
Cedric Griffin did it to Billy Miller 2 weeks ago.
well, **** happens. if you want to use one freak example to continue to have an unrealistic looking football simulation, then more power to you.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
well, **** happens. if you want to use one freak example to continue to have an unrealistic looking football simulation, then more power to you.
Freak example? There are some players that play for the opposing team that will never forget who that guy is...

He didn't just blow up Billy Miller, he was hitting RB's, WR's, the 2nd string TE, etc...

He was hitting them so hard he left PAINT FROM HIS HELMET ON THEIR JERSEYS(seriously lol). It was just crazy.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Pro

Fine, only players who exceed a certain tackle, power, and speed rating should be able to execute Hitsticks. Regardless of position. happier now?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

jay cutler did it to a bucs LB a couple weeks ago...
Old 10-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

Wait, did that ref just put his shoulder into that QB?
24-8 Madden 12 Record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »