Home

What do you like / dislike about Superstar?

This is a discussion on What do you like / dislike about Superstar? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: What do you like / dislike about Superstar?

I think the mode is pointless because you can create your player in dynasty mode and only control him if you wanted to. So why waist time/disc space on a mode just for it when its already there? But im sure there's a bunch who enjot playing it as they do with the other sports games (be a pro mode).

But I'd still scrap it all together because again u can just play as yourself if wanted in franchise mode. (just add the ability to change camera for those who like the up close to your player view).

All the time in the world should be focused on GAMEPLAY>AUTHENTICITY>ATMOSPHERE. Whipe features out if must to produce those area's above all IMO.

It doesnt matter how many features u have in a game if the gameplay is broken. Or if the product doesnt mimic what its trying to portray.

Last edited by kmart2180; 10-22-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I think the mode is pointless because you can create your player in dynasty mode and only control him if you wanted to. So why waist time/disc space on a mode just for it when its already there? But im sure there's a bunch who enjot playing it as they do with the other sports games (be a pro mode).

But I'd still scrap it all together because again u can just play as yourself if wanted in franchise mode. (just add the ability to change camera for those who like the up close to your player view).

All the time in the world should be focused on GAMEPLAY>AUTHENTICITY>ATMOSPHERE. Whipe features out if must to produce those area's above all IMO.

It doesnt matter how many features u have in a game if the gameplay is broken. Or if the product doesnt mimic what its trying to portray.
Maybe on defense, but on offense control switches back to whoever gets the ball on a pass play. It's not like Superstar mode when that happens, and you're liable to run right into a tackle when control switches from your deep WR to the one making a 5 yard cut and catching the ball.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
Whats the point of completely removing it IF its not taking up space for something else? That doesn't make sense to me.
This is EA Sports---Less complaints, why else?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #28
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't play superstar mode, in fact the only game I have ever messed with this type of mode is NHL and that is because it translates into online clubs and OTP.

As for killing it that is a tough question to answer, I don't know how well received it is on the whole. If people are playing it then I can't see killing it. I guess if i was lead designer I would ask myself, do enough people play this mode to warrant and dev time be alloted to it to make it better. If the answer to that is no then I would have my answer and await the inevitable backlash for removing it from the people who never used it in the first place.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #29
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Ian, I respect you, and appreciate you being here so don't take this the wrong way but, toss superstar out the window, drive away and never look back.

The three things people want you to work on are

1.)AAA Presentation (ala 2k5. Go grab a copy, study and emulate as much as possible)

2.)Solidify and tighten gameplay, fix most of the bad exploits

3.)Completely redesign and flesh out franchise mode

If you manage to do these three things, you'll have a critical AND financial success on your hands.

Last edited by Nintari; 10-22-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

Space is not an issue in Madden games. FYI, theres plenty of space for superstar.

Its just that ps3 and xbox360 are relatively weak systems. only 256mb of ram.

Disk space has never been a problem for madden. Theres plenty of space left on dvd's for the xbox360.

The concept of superstar is brilliant (by no means original though). However, the execution is atrocious.

Maybe something similar to Be A PRo from fifa.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would say for me personally since I don't play that mode that if you can improve it without having to give up on improvements elsewhere then go for it. However, if its a trade-off of better Superstar means lower improvements other places in the game I would have to say either leave it the way it is, or kill it completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Ian - I, myself, haven't played this mode but a buddy of mine plays this part of the game exclusively. He said the play calling in this mode was AWFUL, he being a RB that would hardly ever get the call in goal line situations where on a 1st and 1, the coach would call passing plays. He said this happened over and over and he eventually gave up and sold the game.

So I guess play calling would be something that would need to be tweaked if you kept this mode around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »