Home

Can We Get Over The DLC Already?

This is a discussion on Can We Get Over The DLC Already? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Can We Get Over The DLC Already?

Can we please get over the DLC thing? I mean cmon, have you guys ever had something offered to you that didn't end up happening? That's life, stuff happens, move on. I really don't understand these posts like "you've lost my trust" due to the DLC. Stuff happens and do you know how many updates EA truly HAS to release after the game drops? Zero, that's right, zero, they have your 60$ so people really need to start looking at these updates as a bonus because they really, I mean really, don't have to do them...

Do you realize the damage you are causing? So many people complain when Ian says something like "well, I can't say because I can't promise anything". Well, here's to making things worse and slowing the information pipeline down to a trickle due to people's overreaction to what happened. I mean how bad has it got, the man can't even ask a simple question without being mobbed. We as a community are not showing our maturity and we aren't giving Ian or anyone else a good reason to post here.

I myself am not happy with the state of Madden, I haven't played 09 in about 3 weeks despite owning two versions of it sadly. But I blame myself. I was the one who bought the games, that is your greatest tool, your purchasing power, and if you get to the point where you aren't planning on buying the game, don't, and please stop trolling these forums. I am here because I accept Madden for what it is (Madden Ball, meaning I am not expecting 2k) and am only here to help the devs improve the game to a point where it will be great. I suggest people start doing the same and get over the DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Can We Get Over The DLC Already?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

NO!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

C'mon, does everything you want always happen? If it really bothers you that much, stop buying the product and posting here, you are embarrassing us adults. If I were as mad as you, I would stay away from Madden... And if you say "well, I don't buy Madden", then you have no business in here. Seriously.

Peace

protip: The DLC wouldn't even have saved 09 even if it was released. 09 isn't great, that's another reason I am really not that upset. Think about it.

Last edited by cdon2k; 10-22-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

So basically what your saying is people should only come on here, and make positive posts. So that way the developers would see a false situation that we are all satisfied with the state of the game, and would lead them to not fix people perceived short commings with this game. Actually, i'm certain that the developers need to get negative critcism just as much if not more than positive. How do you fix problems with a game without knowing what the problems are. Furthermore, in nearly all circumstances the developers will tell us the reason they found the problem was because, of us the consumers finding them, and reporting them.

So, all that being said you are doing the same thing in an opposite way. You are basically saying that people who have spent the same amount of money as you, have no right to their oppinion on this board. Why are they trolling if they have issue with the game, and care enough to point it out in hopes that the issue might be corrected for future users. Perhaps you should realize that a lot of people were hoping for DLC additions, and are now not going to get them, and now they are dissappointed. Can you really blame them? Have you never wanted something that you didn't get, and it dissappointed you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

with all due respect, did we really need a whole new thread on this topic? Its going to be nothing more than...

Oh well, guess I'll enjoy the forthcoming show..

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

Mostly I am writing about the conduct that occurred in the "game length" thread. As for the issues of the game, as Ian said, HE KNOWS, the issues with the game have been discussed over and over and there are wishlist and 2010 threads out there. A lot of the issues posted in the length thread have been talked about since the game's release. HE KNOWS, now whether he does something about them is yet to be seen, but again that goes back to your 60$ and buying the game.

And yes I have been disappointed about things, but one I've learned from being older is that throwing a fit or getting angry doesn't change anything. Only by being rational and positive have I began to open a regular dialog with Ian and have even got PM's from him. That feels like progress to me, even though I know that I still may not enjoy 2010. But it's my decision to buy the game or not so I accept that.

Country, we do need this thread, that "game length" thread was ridiculous. This forum had been dead for like 2 or 3 weeks, almost to the point of not being worthy of being checked, and then Ian posts, and look out WW3 lol. AND VERY FEW PEOPLE ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE QUESTION. It was pretty embarrassing the way people acted and I think Ian lost some respect for our community.

Last edited by cdon2k; 10-22-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow, I guess you put me in my place with your Ian dialogues. Is that supposed to make your thoughts more credible than mine?
Furthermore, the remark of things in another post at length is fine if you have hours to dedicate to reading the large numbers of post's in that thread. In truth most people don't have the time nor the desire to set, and read every post on the board.

That being said your rational decisions remarks to me seem irrational. Your rational idea is in essence to just put your head in the sand when something is not the way you want it to be. Given the fact that you say just don't buy the game which is basically giving up. Well what good will that do? Its not like we have another choice as far as a NFL football games go. So, I think its the duty of people so inclined who purchase this game to fight to get the game they want, and not the one that is the most profitable. Basically, I liken purchasing the game to that of purchasing stock in a company, the mere fact that you have bought a share gives you the right to a vote as to the goings on within said company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »