Home

Run/Pass Commit Glitch

This is a discussion on Run/Pass Commit Glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Run/Pass Commit Glitch

I just had some trouble in an online game and I'm wondering if there is a glitch or if I am just screwing something up.

I was playing online and was up 14-0 in the first half. Through my own overly aggressive play, I committed a couple turnovers and allowed my opponent to even the score at 14 late in the 3rd quarter. I hadn't had any trouble up to this point, but with the score even, things got strange.

On his next three offensive possessions, the first play went deep for an easy TD. All three plays were run from a similar personnel package on both sides of the ball (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE vs. a base 4-3). The first two times, it happened against a cover 3 zone, and the final time against a cover 2 man. On all three scoring plays, he dropped back to pass and I pressed the right thumbstick up to commit to the pass. For some reason, each time I did this, the game decided to run commit instead sending my secondary flying to the line and leaving his receivers wide open, streaking down the field for the easy TD.

I think this has happened to me once or twice before, but it was never on three consecutive plays and it had never cost me a game that I should have won, so I thought something may be up. He was the Browns and I was the Vikings, playing at home.

Is this some sort of glitch, or was I just getting careless with the thumbsitck? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »