Home

After 2 months of playing, traded it in. Whats the problem here?

This is a discussion on After 2 months of playing, traded it in. Whats the problem here? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
After 2 months of playing, traded it in. Whats the problem here?

I bought madden about a week after release, and played none stop for about 2 days. Then i stopped for awhile until the patch came. played again for about a week and finally decided to trade it in. Whats the problem here? I'm a 2k5 fan at heart, but i'm trying so hard to let go and deal with the whole drama with the nfl.

I still have 2k5 and play it, but i want that same appeal from madden and its not there. Its a "BORING" game. The immersion that 2k5 gives in games and madden is worlds apart in my humble opinion. I want madden to do well, i want my football fix, but at this point its not happening.

I have read the threads and listen to what Phil and Ian have said, to me they want that type of game, but the politics of EA wont let them do that. Why do they have to cater to the casual fans? In my opinion, they need to get rid of all these gimmicks and concentrate on football 101.

The OL/DL line is busted, WR/CB is bad and needs alots of work, and the presentation is boring. Besides other things the other guys have posted. I want madden to succeed, but they really need to concentrate on gameplay and presentation big time.

I want Ian and Phil to do a great job on 2010, i just hope that EA management dont stop them. We need football 101 and not gimmicks next year, back to basics EA, thats what made madden so good on the old console. If u have too, look at 2k5 interaction with the OL/DL line and WR/CB engagements. Look at the Halftime show and Franchise mode.

The bible says" study to show thyself approved"..EA sports have not done that in the football aspect, so Ian and Phil u have alot of studying to do. I wish u well on your journey and hope u produce the best football game to date. GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: After 2 months of playing, traded it in. Whats the problem here?

The problem is you bought it. EA doesn't know or care that you traded it in. In corporate language, your $60 means, "I love your product. Keep up the good work."

If & when you buy the game next year, you'll be saying the same thing. Don't put all the blame on EA. They're doing exactly what your $60 is telling them to do.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

adfletch,

My copy didnt last that long, but totally agree on your opinion.

ESPN2k5 still is the best football game to date overall. Madden09 for PS2 is good too, but been there/done that.

Its sad when you believe that Madden for the Sega Genesis had better gameplay than next gen.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #4
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
adfletch,

My copy didnt last that long, but totally agree on your opinion.

ESPN2k5 still is the best football game to date overall. Madden09 for PS2 is good too, but been there/done that.

Its sad when you believe that Madden for the Sega Genesis had better gameplay than next gen.
i'm at that point myself;about to trade in my '09. Its sad. I only started playing online games two years ago.My favorite part of Madden was playing franchise,and it sucks.I'm sick of playing the cheesers online,so Madden is nothing to me.I haven't played it in 6 days and i don't even miss it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »