Home

Roster update question

This is a discussion on Roster update question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Roster update question

I would love for someone to educate me on why there has not been a roster update that updates the stats of the players. IE the dallas cowboys. Its painfully obvious that the cowboys in the game are way better than the cowboys in real life. The fact that their secondary has one int for the year and yet anything they touch on madden is an instant interception.

Why is it LB & DE can catch an INT just as easy as a CB.

The awareness should have been effected by now since even if newman was healthy and on the field the D would still not be any better.

I can't be the only one thinking that some roster updates need to tweak the stats of a lot of teams. However I have to wonder if those player stats even mean anything.

Like I witness the other day I hit barber in the backfield with my probowl DT he bounces off. I immediately hit him with Peterson(using jags) another pro bowl mlb..he breaks that tackle..to make a long story short the guy broke enough tackles that he got 8 yards. Thats from the initial hit being behind the line of scrimmage. He leads the NFL in fumbles for a RB, yet in the game he never fumbles.

Zach Thomas has 1 int in 5 years, yet in the game he can intercept the ball with ease. The straw that broke the camels back is when I saw Demarcus Ware break on a ball for an int like he's a corner. I've seen Ware drop back in to pass coverage 60 yards down the field miraculously he keeps up with my 90+ spd receiver and bats the ball down? WTF?

The issues I've discussed in this thread are probably just flawed game design...but I think at least some of it can be address with a roster update to tweak the teams to how they are performing now. The cowboys are not a 96 rated team. The way thrash made newman look like his bitch, proves that the cowboys are extremely over rated.

BTW why does the defender sense the ball coming to my wr(since he's not even looking) and then magically jump the route. Wasn't that supposed to be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Angry Re: Roster update question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
I would love for someone to educate me on why there has not been a roster update that updates the stats of the players. IE the dallas cowboys. Its painfully obvious that the cowboys in the game are way better than the cowboys in real life. The fact that their secondary has one int for the year and yet anything they touch on madden is an instant interception.

Why is it LB & DE can catch an INT just as easy as a CB.

The awareness should have been effected by now since even if newman was healthy and on the field the D would still not be any better.

I can't be the only one thinking that some roster updates need to tweak the stats of a lot of teams. However I have to wonder if those player stats even mean anything.

Like I witness the other day I hit barber in the backfield with my probowl DT he bounces off. I immediately hit him with Peterson(using jags) another pro bowl mlb..he breaks that tackle..to make a long story short the guy broke enough tackles that he got 8 yards. Thats from the initial hit being behind the line of scrimmage. He leads the NFL in fumbles for a RB, yet in the game he never fumbles.

Zach Thomas has 1 int in 5 years, yet in the game he can intercept the ball with ease. The straw that broke the camels back is when I saw Demarcus Ware break on a ball for an int like he's a corner. I've seen Ware drop back in to pass coverage 60 yards down the field miraculously he keeps up with my 90+ spd receiver and bats the ball down? WTF?

The issues I've discussed in this thread are probably just flawed game design...but I think at least some of it can be address with a roster update to tweak the teams to how they are performing now. The cowboys are not a 96 rated team. The way thrash made newman look like his bitch, proves that the cowboys are extremely over rated.

BTW why does the defender sense the ball coming to my wr(since he's not even looking) and then magically jump the route. Wasn't that supposed to be fixed?
For your info the roster update that had R.Williams WR on the Cowboys dropped all of their secondary players ratings. Also every team has it's ups and downs through out the year(ie 07 Giants) If u are such a Dallas ***** why don't u lower the ratings yourself and play by yourself and beat the crap out of the Cowboys everytime. Geeze Dallas haters! Must be a Redskins fan! What u are griping about has nothing to do with Dallas' ratings or D.Ware or any of them. A good LB with great range can make plays on the ball like that(ie S. Merriman, P.Willis) I agree it's over done in Madden but that's the games fault not the Cowboys. Also at the beginning of the year Dallas was the best team on paper and they still are. Especially with the addition at WR. Geeze they are like the Yankees in football. Now they suck latley no doubt but it's a chemisrty, coaching or injury issue or all the above, not talent. Madden has a hard time reflecting this. Ok end of rant lol, man I hate Dallas haters, jealous.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Roster update question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
For your info the roster update that had R.Williams WR on the Cowboys dropped all of their secondary players ratings. Also every team has it's ups and downs through out the year(ie 07 Giants) If u are such a Dallas ***** why don't u lower the ratings yourself and play by yourself and beat the crap out of the Cowboys everytime. Geeze Dallas haters! Must be a Redskins fan! What u are griping about has nothing to do with Dallas' ratings or D.Ware or any of them. A good LB with great range can make plays on the ball like that(ie S. Merriman, P.Willis) I agree it's over done in Madden but that's the games fault not the Cowboys. Also at the beginning of the year Dallas was the best team on paper and they still are. Especially with the addition at WR. Geeze they are like the Yankees in football. Now they suck latley no doubt but it's a chemisrty, coaching or injury issue or all the above, not talent. Madden has a hard time reflecting this. Ok end of rant lol, man I hate Dallas haters, jealous.
You can apply that to any team in madden. I had to use Dallas.
Because that's the team people use the most. Still doesn't change the facts of what I said. Ware should not be picking the ball off like a corner nor should he give effective coverage 60 yds down the field. The game has serious flaws to have been around 20 years.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
You can apply that to any team in madden. I had to use Dallas.
Because that's the team people use the most. Still doesn't change the facts of what I said. Ware should not be picking the ball off like a corner nor should he give effective coverage 60 yds down the field. The game has serious flaws to have been around 20 years.
Agreed, a work in progress STILL. I was defensive about the Dallas thing because I am a fan and had seen/heard alot of this Cowboys hating. And I was having a bad day at work lol. Sorry my bad. I do think it's more of a game play issue than a ratings/roster issue. Oh and GO COWBOYS!!! lol
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

the game doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »