Home

Enough of the Magical Light Bulb Weapon

This is a discussion on Enough of the Magical Light Bulb Weapon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Enough of the Magical Light Bulb Weapon

I've made my peace with the weapon icons. They're fine. A lot of people like them.

But the light bulb? The icon that magically allows an offense or defense to see a play? That one has to go. Seriously. The other player gets to see my play because they have a magical light bulb?

C'mon. Let the player read the offense or defense. Don't give someone an advantage because their team has a player with a magical light bulb on its roster.

Weapons are fine, but the light bulb has to go. IMO. Of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Enough of the Magical Light Bulb Weapon

Wanna get rid of the bulb?
Call more than four plays all game.
Problem solved.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Wanna get rid of the bulb?
Call more than four plays all game.
Problem solved.

Problem not solved, but thanks for trying.

Example: If someone is sticking to the same, basic plays during a drive and a defense is working, why would I change from that defense during that one drive?

The light bulb has to go. If it helps you, that's great, but every team doesn't have a bulb to use.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Problem not solved, but thanks for trying.

Example: If someone is sticking to the same, basic plays during a drive and a defense is working, why would I change from that defense during that one drive?

The light bulb has to go. If it helps you, that's great, but every team doesn't have a bulb to use.

You are not making ANY sense. I actually made a thread here complaining about the weapons, but this is the one weapon that i think is very true to life.

Its not that the player can magically see your play, its that u have run the same play too much and one player on the other team has caught on. Very realistic considering that only players with high awareness can do this on the game and on the field.

Furthermore, if you had any sense, then you would call a different play when you see their bulb is half way full.

someone,anyone. . . close this thread
Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
Furthermore, if you had any sense, then you would call a different play when you see their bulb is half way full.

someone,anyone. . . close this thread

I do call a different play, but I shouldn't have to when the display of my play isn't earned.

A ten year old with a light bulb shouldn't have an advantage over a skilled adult without one. It's an asinine weapon. Thanks for reading, and if you don't care for this thread, feel free to stop clicking on it.

Last edited by FootballDetails; 10-24-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I do call a different play, but I shouldn't have to when the display of my play isn't earned.

A ten year old with a light bulb shouldn't have an advantage over a skilled adult without one. It's an asinine weapon. Thanks for reading, and if you don't care for this thread, feel free to stop clicking on it.

Naw, id rather click on the thread and destroy your point before you destroy a good part of a game.

The play art is displayed according to the players position, so a LB with a bulb can only see how the play unfolds in the backfield since that's what he's aware of.

Step ya game up, even if your play is exposed, its almost always too late for a person to do anything about it unless its a run play. Get some diversity in your play calling and stop whining.

There is more than "stick" to madden, those are actual representations of players out there, so the smart players will be just that.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
The play art is displayed...

Which is enough of a reason to get rid of it. I bet you were a fan of the vision cone.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

I completely agree that the lightbulb should be removed. It should be a passive ability for both offense and defense.

What I mean is that regardless of who is taking the snaps or who is your safety, DB etc, every team should be able to read a play after it has been run multiple times. How many time have you been playing online and the guy you're against uses the same 3-4 plays the entire game, and when he finds one that works he simply no-huddles as long as he can?

This should be a balance issue, not a weapon. If this happened in real life not only would the coaches and coordinators know and tell the coach what was being run, but the players themselves would adapt to the play, unfortunately Madden programming does not allow that, and because of that it has to be done this way, at least for now.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »