Home

Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something.

This is a discussion on Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Just to defend myself a little bit - remember my main point was that we have the "exact same implementation" as 2k's. By implementation, I meant that you could "add on" and change the direction of a tackle...not just "steal" a tackle. I personally don't feel I've come in here touting and selling ANYTHING...if you all feel differently then let me know. I'm not a marketing guy.

And I did admit (without a doubt) that we didn't have the animation variety that they did...

So you didn't have the same animation variety they did, fine...

Are you looking to have as many as them for 2010 or maybe more?? And if not Why? Because I would love to know why you guys don't and they have since 2004!! Thats 4 years ago and you guys have not caught up yet? I mean we are talking about EA here not some weak gaming dev company now.. EA is huge! Right...??
Old 10-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
And I did admit (without a doubt) that we didn't have the animation variety that they did...
Ian,
Is there any reason on why you could not manage to at least match the animation variety of a 4 year old game on a last gen system?

Is it resources? programming knowledge? football knowledge? funding? orders from the suits?

I mean you guys seemed so proud of Madden09 pre-release. Maybe you were just trying to sell the product I really don't know..

But to readily even admit that you can't measure up to a 4 year old game in some aspects is very troublesome, and I don't know how you could of ever been proud of this Game in any aspect, prior to release knowing this info.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
So you didn't have the same animation variety they did, fine...

Are you looking to have as many as them for 2010 or maybe more?? And if not Why? Because I would love to know why you guys don't and they have since 2004!! Thats 4 years ago and you guys have not caught up yet? I mean we are talking about EA here not some weak gaming dev company now.. EA is huge! Right...??
Definitely an area for improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Definitely an area for improvement.
Ian cant you guys just copy the same logic they used. I do not know much about programing but I'm assuming its the same language. And is it simply a case of thier programers having that much more knowledge than the EA? Im not saying to be an a$$ but I think everyone here would like to know, again why is a 5 year old game on half a system have better animations that Madden. And we need to improve on it is a cop out answer my man. I WANT THE TRUTH DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I can handle the truth
Old 10-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Ian,
Is there any reason on why you could not manage to at least match the animation variety of a 4 year old game on a last gen system?

Is it resources? programming knowledge? football knowledge? funding? orders from the suits?

I mean you guys seemed so proud of Madden09 pre-release. Maybe you were just trying to sell the product I really don't know..

But to readily even admit that you can't measure up to a 4 year old game in some aspects is very troublesome, and I don't know how you could of ever been proud of this Game in any aspect, prior to release knowing this info.
I've said it a few times on here - we've had some things that were better, they've had some things that were better. That's going to happen...believe me our goal is to make that game obsolete this year. However there were a lot of different objectives and initiatives from the 09 design team and one of them wasn't specifically "capture more gang tackle animation variety than 2k had" I guess.

I also tried to make a concerted effor to not act "proud" pre-release on these forums, after all I didn't really work on the game. I wanted to just be straightforward and honest. I was however more proud in the things we were able to accomplish together (once I got the lead design job) during the finaling period (uniform fixes, gang tackle fixes, hotspot disabling, etc). There are also quite a few other aspects of the game that I would be proud of though - new commentary and presentation made great strides, graphically it's amazing, our patch list was totally community-focused, etc. Regardless of whether gang tackling didn't exceed 2k's animation variety, 09 in my eyes was still a very solid improvement over 08...fixing some of the major issues that plagued that version.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ian cant you guys just copy the same logic they used. I do not know much about programing but I'm assuming its the same language. And is it simply a case of thier programers having that much more knowledge than the EA? Im not saying to be an a$$ but I think everyone here would like to know, again why is a 5 year old game on half a system have better animations that Madden. And we need to improve on it is a cop out answer my man. I WANT THE TRUTH DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I can handle the truth
See my last post above. At this point it has nothing to do with anything technical...it's purely animation capture / implementation.

Unfortunately I have to be abnormally vague right now.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10
Arrow Re: Everytime I Get On The "Ian" Bandwagon, I Remember Something.

Quote:
See my last post above. At this point it has nothing to do with anything technical...it's purely animation capture / implementation.

Unfortunately I have to be abnormally vague right now.
Ok one last question on this topic, without giving to much information a simple yes/no answer will do. Do you think that Madden 2010 will finally surpass 2k5 in the gang tackling and physics based movement? YES OR NO............................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ok one last question on this topic, without giving to much information a simple yes/no answer will do. Do you think that Madden 2010 will finally surpass 2k5 in the gang tackling and physics based movement? YES OR NO............................
Yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »