Home

Special Team Rating

This is a discussion on Special Team Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Special Team Rating

One thing I would like to see added is a 45 man gameday roster (like head caoch).

With that I would really like to see a special team rating added so picking players at the end of the depth chart prove some purpose in the game.

Special teams are a big part of the game (the NFL not Madden, special teams haven't changed in years on Madden). When you do the math special teams make up 1/3rd of the plays of the game. It would be nice to see some focus on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Special Team Rating

erm... im pretty sure there is a special team rating?!?!?!?! it's under you total, offense, defense in franchise mode.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Special Team Rating

I'd like to see each player with special teams ratings. A 2nd/3rd string LB may not tackle well on defense, be he tackles well on special teams. So I guess I'd like to see several special teams ratings. Sp Tm Tackling, Sp Tm Break Tackle, Sp Tm Persuit, Sp Tm Blocking, Sp Tm Break Block. And this all assumes we'll be able to control who plays on special teams.

A bit off topic, I'd like to see Sp Tm play calling more like offensive playcalling. Select personnel 1st(normal, hands), then formation(normal, onside), then play(kick deep, squib, onside). This way, we can have "surprise" onsides with normal personnel, squibs with hands personnel, ect. Add some strategy to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »