Home

Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation

This is a discussion on Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation

Ok EA has had the ESPN License for a few years so far and we really have not even noticed. My Question is why is EA so reluctant to use the EA license for in game presentation? I understand why EA would want to use the EA Sports overlays but giving Monday Night Football the ESPN presentation, Stat Overlays, and Music would be incredible for the Atmosphere.

Give me this and i will never B!tch again

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation

Come on now, they are to busy updating rosters and thinking of a new mode for Madden 2010.

(Personally, I'm waiting for Create-A-Cheerleader! Come on EA! )
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan
Ok EA has had the ESPN License for a few years so far and we really have not even noticed. My Question is why is EA so reluctant to use the EA license for in game presentation? I understand why EA would want to use the EA Sports overlays but giving Monday Night Football the ESPN presentation, Stat Overlays, and Music would be incredible for the Atmosphere.

That would be 'MAZING!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

Just pop in nfl 2k5 on the xbox and put the monday night theme is as a start up song, its everything your video is and more-seriously!

You want to see ESPN features used wisely, then play 2k5.

Im not a 2k fanboy or a madden fanboy, I dont care who makes a game as long as its good. That being said 2k5 is the best football game Ive EVER played by a wide margain.

The first time I played 2k5(when it first came out) I didnt like it. I had been playing madden since 2001 and 2k is so different and you are so used to madden you expect it to control like madden. After about a week of playing 2k5, I couldnt believe what I had ever liked Madden. I cant go back to a madden game. First you might think 2k5 has bad controls, then you realize its completely the opposite. 2k feels real, it looks real, Madden just looks and plays like a video game. In Madden 2009, the graphics are tight, but the animations, camera views, presentaion,and gameplay, just arent there.

I feel like if we support EA any further(Ive bought and ended up selling every copy of Madden since 2k5) we are going to play updated graphic versions of the current madden game forever. Madden doesnt need presentation, new grass, new features, etc, it needs a completely new engine and a start from scratch!

Lets make 2010 the year when we tell Madden NO MORE and stop buying there games till the get it right for real(rent it first)!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

^I agree 110%

That's 10% more than 100%!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #6
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan

Wouldn't that mean that EA would have to spend time on something?

Man, EA killed there damn reputation. Lets all fight to get them to unlock that NFL license so that EA can suffer when NOBODY buys there new game...
Seriously, are us football fans forced to buy this game every year?

Damn, I love madden 09 but they really can improve it in so many ways if they put some time and effort into it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

The real reason that they won't use the ESPN logos, music, overlays, menus, etc. is because Peter Moore is on this crusade to turn the EA Sports brand into the next Nike, Reebok, ESPN, etc. He wants the EA Sports "brand" to extend beyond video games to other products.

Read up on it, do a google search for some of his past comments. He is enamored with making EA Sports compete with the top corporate brand names and wants to sell the EA name.

So what that means to me and you, is that we will probably never see the ESPN integration that we all wish we had in EA Sports' games across all sports, not just the NFL.

I just don't see EA Sports branded apparel, sneakers, etc. selling personally, but that is the stated business goal so ...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

I would like to see an answer to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »