Home

Ian New Packages/Package Subs

This is a discussion on Ian New Packages/Package Subs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ian New Packages/Package Subs

Shouldnt the folks at EA already know what LB is talking about? Uniforms are not correct and we expect them to address and fix this? 2010 is going to tell us a lot about EA
Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Just want to show some differences in the defenses. I mentioned earlier that Spags for the Giants and at times Jim Johnson for the Eagles will have their guys line up at spots, whereas teams like the Ravens and Steelers will rely more on movement. Here are some videos to display what I mean. Notice in the first video the Skins defense at the 1:16 mark and the 1:47, 2:50, 3:11 mark. They have the backers up in the gaps and one lined up outside.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c359cd

The Seahawks do the same thing.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c2bc3b

Notice at the 1:28 mark, they have their backers up in the gaps prior to the snap.

The Eagles have a blitz here at the :10 second mark in which the Mike backer is creeping.

Just showing the teams that line their guys up in spots and blitz vs teams that like to show alot of movement. The Bucs also line their guys up in spots. In the following video check out the :10 second mark, at the 1:33 mark they show some movement

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c2ba7f

Here is a nice scheme that I would like to see in the Titans defensive book next year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c3f015

It drops Albert Haynesworth out into coverage.

Finally I want to look at the Giants. They are showing alot of things. They stack their linebackers in gaps, but they also have movement. For instance in the following video, :31 second mark. Backers are stacked and the Safety is firing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c2ac62

Against the Steelers at the 3:58 mark in this video notice the Giants defenders lined up in gaps, also at 5:18. But at the 4:07 mark watch the Steelers, movement then blitz.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Split Backs, I'm cool. I Form = not.
Of course I can't remember the team, but either this past week or the week before, I remember a team putting one of their TBs at FB, in the I Form, on the goal line & running a dive for a TD. He set up the TD the play before from the TB position. I can only remember it was an AFC team.

I know some tend to want things taken out because of game flaws, but I never liked not allowing users to do things. Who would've thought the Cat formation would be in effect this year? NFL teams do some crazy things. The Pats used to put a WR at DB, and he was pretty decent. Before then, most would say that's not sim. Some of the packages you want in the game would've been laughed at until teams starting using them. 3 safeties, 5 LBs? A few years ago, that would've been considered not sim.

Let users be creative.

IMO, EA needs to address the real issues so they don't have to limit users. Give players accurate stats and make them effective. Design plays more realistically. Allow users to put a TB at FB if they want. But most teams will double a DT/NG to the dive side and not block the LB, looking only for a yard or 2.

Make dominating NGs dominating. NFL network (or was it NFL Live) had a segment on Jenkins, the Jets NG. Not only does he demand double teams, he DESTROYS them. Make players like him as effective as they are in real life, get rid of the sticky suction blocking & allow pile ups. It's hard enough running a lead at Jenkins much less a dive.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Of course I can't remember the team, but either this past week or the week before, I remember a team putting one of their TBs at FB, in the I Form, on the goal line & running a dive for a TD. He set up the TD the play before from the TB position. I can only remember it was an AFC team.

I know some tend to want things taken out because of game flaws, but I never liked not allowing users to do things. Who would've thought the Cat formation would be in effect this year? NFL teams do some crazy things. The Pats used to put a WR at DB, and he was pretty decent. Before then, most would say that's not sim. Some of the packages you want in the game would've been laughed at until teams starting using them. 3 safeties, 5 LBs? A few years ago, that would've been considered not sim.

Let users be creative.

IMO, EA needs to address the real issues so they don't have to limit users. Give players accurate stats and make them effective. Design plays more realistically. Allow users to put a TB at FB if they want. But most teams will double a DT/NG to the dive side and not block the LB, looking only for a yard or 2.

Make dominating NGs dominating. NFL network (or was it NFL Live) had a segment on Jenkins, the Jets NG. Not only does he demand double teams, he DESTROYS them. Make players like him as effective as they are in real life, get rid of the sticky suction blocking & allow pile ups. It's hard enough running a lead at Jenkins much less a dive.
I can agree with this mostly, however, I just hate seeing guys like Tomlinson, Reggie Bush at FB. That's most likely is never going to happen. And let's say it does, it's only going to happen maybe 1 time in 10 games, but in this game they will use it every play. But I do agree they need to turn the defensive linemen and linebackers loose, REALISTICALLY and not cheating. In the end they have a hell of alot of work to do.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
when we r playing defense we should be able to audible Dline, LB's and DB's more then we can now...

if i want my LE and my DT to "twist" i should be able to call that somehow... as it is now, we can only tell all linemen to crash left, right, in or out... i think more twists and stunts would be cool...
This would be cool. In addition, I want the ability to call any stunt/twist with the initial call. A tier play calling system is desparately needed(personnel, front, stunts, blitzes, then coverage). I think folks would rely on audibles & hot routes much less if they could call what they really wanted initially.

Same with offense. If they playbook was more diverse, folks wouldn't need to hot route every play. I think they do that because the plays they want aren't in the game.

Quote:
the same thing goes for LB's... i would like to be able to show blitz easier, and i would like to be able to aubile on Defense, the same way the offense can with the "quick" run / pass audibles...
And something needs to be done with "show blitz". Maybe we need 2 options, one to show the actual blitz we called, and another to show a fake blitz. I hated that I'd call a FS blitz, then show blitz and my SS would come up while my FS stayed deep. Something needs to be done so I can bring actual blitzers up near the LOS, especially DBs.

Quote:
on offense...

i like the ideas of having custom hot routes, rather than simply, slant, out, fly, we should be able to have more variations in hot routes... and we also need to address the hot routing ALL DAY likesome people do online and what not... On the road, in almost all NFL stadiums, it will be hard for QBs to simply hot route all day long... Home field advantage, ala Ncaa football, where the camera shook a few years ago would be really cool... If you go a whole season without losing at home, and you have a home game for the AFC title, your crowd should be crazy... Terrible towles, in pittsburgh ect ect...
Some teams, like Indy use hand signals very effectively. It may be tough for NFL teams to call all out audibles on the road, but not changing a pattern or 2. And I definitely didn't like the screen shaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Another Ravens Blitz. Two Down Linemen (one of which is a linebacker Antwan Barnes and Trevor Pryce), 2 Backers (Lewis and Suggs although Suggs is hybrid), 3 Safety players (Leonard, Reed, Zibowski), 4 Corners.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80be447f

EA notice rookie offensive tackle Jake Long. HE CANNOT SEE the backside pressure like he does in Madden 09, and thus he does not come running over to block Leonard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »