Home

Rivalry Games: The Answer?

This is a discussion on Rivalry Games: The Answer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rivalry Games: The Answer?

ok.
one of the 84 new features in madden 09 was the supposed 'rivalry games' thing.

it was touted as being more immersive and intense, with bigger presentation for those Packer/Bear type battles.

Well....I played about 75 games, 1/3 or so of them were Rivalry and i swear, I have NEVER and the rock means, NEVER seen one iota of difference.

Please someone close the book on this, since I already sold madden on amazon so this years game for me is in the past, and tell me what was the intent of the rivalry game, besides the graphic in the team select screen and cris and the other announcer saying one line about it at kickoff, then 48 seconds later the crowd was dead.

Last edited by neuroticomic; 10-31-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Rivalry Games: The Answer?

well, as far as the crowds being dead, that is a part of football. There is never any crowd noise at football games. Just ask the madden folks, they will tell you.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

I think the best way to capture the emotion of a rivalry game is to see more jawing, more shoving and more posturing between rival teams in-between plays, since in reality that's what happens in rivalry games.

I don't think changing color tones and what not is the answer, and I think EA might've come to that conclusion also, which is why it didn't make it into 09.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
ok.
one of the 84 new features in madden 09 was the supposed 'rivalry games' thing.

it was touted as being more immersive and intense, with bigger presentation for those Packer/Bear type battles.

Well....I played about 75 games, 1/3 or so of them were Rivalry and i swear, I have NEVER and the rock means, NEVER seen one iota of difference.

Please someone close the book on this, since I already sold madden on amazon so this years game for me is in the past, and tell me what was the intent of the rivalry game, besides the graphic in the team select screen and cris and the other announcer saying one line about it at kickoff, then 48 seconds later the crowd was dead.
I never noticed a difference either...I guess that feature as well as about 60 other features that EA implemented don't work either..lol
Old 10-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

84 new features?! Maybe they should try working on 1 major feature that isn't new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the only thing I found cool about the rivalry thing was how they kept a running record of the matchups. Other than that, there was nothing. The games weren't any different. They were just as boring as the next game and as boring as the playoffs/Super Bowl.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-31-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Hate if you want, but those facts and tidbits of information on the rivalry while the game loads are fantastic. Best load-up screens madden has ever had.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Hate if you want, but those facts and tidbits of information on the rivalry while the game loads are fantastic. Best load-up screens madden has ever had.
lmao, I really HOPE you are kidding!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »