Home

Pass Deflections

This is a discussion on Pass Deflections within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Pass Deflections

How are these calculated in-game because I play as the safety in my franchise and bat alot of balls down with the a button(360) but in the stat category it does not calculate them

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pass Deflections

I'm not totally sure, but I think it's by the last person to touch the ball. So if another person touches the ball after you bat it, it would go to their stats.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Erick's Arena

OVR: 4

I played a full season with the giants and noticed that the passes defensed stats were out of whack.

Antonio Pierce, my middle linebacker, finished the season with 21 batted balls, which subsequently lead the NFL in passes defensed. The most I have seen with other teams were their DBs with no more than 7 passes defensed.

My DB's were also about the same, just Antonio had one of those freak seasons I guess.

I checked the stats of DB's in the nfl on espn.com and noticed that the best corners will usually get near or around 20 balls batted in a season, but in madden the most I had in my season aside from my middle linebacker, was between 7-9.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick
I played a full season with the giants and noticed that the passes defensed stats were out of whack.

Antonio Pierce, my middle linebacker, finished the season with 21 batted balls, which subsequently lead the NFL in passes defensed. The most I have seen with other teams were their DBs with no more than 7 passes defensed.

My DB's were also about the same, just Antonio had one of those freak seasons I guess.

I checked the stats of DB's in the nfl on espn.com and noticed that the best corners will usually get near or around 20 balls batted in a season, but in madden the most I had in my season aside from my middle linebacker, was between 7-9.
thanks for the reply, I knew I was not going crazy. Somthing is wrong with the pass deflection stat because I use the bears in my franchise and Urlacher leads my team in passes deflected when I play on mike brown all game and manually deflect alot of uncounted passes

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke

Last edited by Lucky Lacy; 11-02-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Um what versions is this an issue on?

I don't believe this is an issue on the Original Xbox version, but I haven't checked it.

Why do I feel like the 360 and PS3 versions are buggy and unpolished...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »