Home

Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers

This is a discussion on Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
my #1 priority would be:

1) to fire the entire staff from the past few years... If i performed my job the way these people have the past few years, i'm sure my boss would let me go...

2) Higher take 2 and let them make the game, from the ground up...

3) slap the giant EA LOGO on the front, along with the "#1 selling pro football franchise" sticker like you do with madden, even though madden is the ONLY pro football franchise... you feel the need to tell everyone that it is the #1 seller? wow... haha...

4) hit everyone with the crazy marketing like you do every year...

5) release it the Tuesday before week 1 of the season with the most up to date rosters possible...

sorry, i couldn't resist...
Forget 2k sports working on this. 2ksports is owned by Take Two and they were not purchased by EA so it is not going to happen. If you want VC to make a football game the best you can hope for is the Take Two Execs come off of their conservatism in this area and ask them to make a game, otherwise VC is not going to be doing football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
my #1 priority would be:

1) to fire the entire staff from the past few years... If i performed my job the way these people have the past few years, i'm sure my boss would let me go...

2) Higher take 2 and let them make the game, from the ground up...

3) slap the giant EA LOGO on the front, along with the "#1 selling pro football franchise" sticker like you do with madden, even though madden is the ONLY pro football franchise... you feel the need to tell everyone that it is the #1 seller? wow... haha...

4) hit everyone with the crazy marketing like you do every year...

5) release it the Tuesday before week 1 of the season with the most up to date rosters possible...

sorry, i couldn't resist...
This post doesn't really accomplish much, joking or not.

Most of us want the developers to stick around so we can give suggestions to improve the game. Isn't that what you want, too?

If not, I'm sure there are other forums on the net to laugh with you.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about living rosters like NBA2k does it? Any time there is a roster move it will automatically update.

Franchise that is actually working.

A game that is not broken when we receive it. Get better testers, period. Put more money into the developmental team.

Begin to work on a true next generation engine. Have a completely new team working on that while you get the "new" 2010 game. Have the new engine ready for 2011 instead of using the same engine year after year after year after year.

Give us what we have been asking for, something fresh. You can only reheat leftovers so many times before they go bad.

Last edited by Sauk; 11-11-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #28
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauk
Put more money into the developmental team.
I especially agree with this Sauk.

I'm hoping one day soon [maybe this year] that EA will recommit themselfs to the Madden franchise. I honestly believe [like many others] that a lack of competition has dulled EA's commitment to it's "Flagship" game.

I can only go by hearsay...there seems to be many people that feel other sports games in EA's own lineup have surpassed Madden in innovation and quality. And direct competition seems to be the reason why. I'm hoping....competition or not, that EA starts to funnel more of it's vast resources back into the game that put them on the map.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #29
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

If there is no 2k5 like presentation next year, I'm not buying it. That's the number one thing for me. When I play a football game in 2009, I expect the presentation to be better then one made in 2004.

They've had enough time to get this right IMO.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
If there is no 2k5 like presentation next year, I'm not buying it. That's the number one thing for me. When I play a football game in 2009, I expect the presentation to be better then one made in 2004.

They've had enough time to get this right IMO.
Presentation and gameplay just HAVE to be improved. I'm not the type to say a game is unplayable because so-and-so's shoes aren't the right color......but I am the type to say a game is unplayable when we have robo qb's, zero pocket, zero o-line, etc.

And I want to be immersed in the experience when playing a video game, and presentation is a huge part of this.I don't want just generic replays at the half; I'd like to see breakdowns, comments on how to come back in the second half, etc.
Perhaps throw in a sideline reporter to comment on what the coaches said at the half, the inclement weather updates, injury updates, etc.

Also, as was mentioned in another thread, if I see one of my stars being carted off on the wagon,(ala 2k5), I want that "uh-oh" feeling, and I want to try to keep playing the game while wondering (for example) how long Braylon Edwards is out for.
Stuff like this changes the gameplan tremendously; I don't want a generic on-the-spot injury report! Show this stuff!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »