Home

Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers

This is a discussion on Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers

For myself, there are a few incredibly important features that are absolutely critical to Madden 2010. It's not just one big fix, and it's not a thousand different nit-picky bug/glitch tweaks.

If the following 5 potential deal-breakers are not in 2010, I will have no reason to continue standing by this franchise.

1. Sliders and On/Off Options for Everything
(camera, controller, etc... give the user the control)

2. Improved CPU playcalling AI
(more team specific and more situationally aware)

3. OL/DL interaction
(this has been beaten to death, but for very good reason)

4. WR/DB interaction
(see above)

5. Franchise mode fix/revamp
(best part of madden used to be a last-gen fantasy draft franchise with a few friends taking over teams in the same division. that desire to develop your stud player into a 99, because the attributes used to really matter and progression was based on performance, was very satisfying)

*note*

**note** Before any mods get itchy fingers to close shop here, this is not the same as the other wishlist threads. Rather than list every single desired feature, this is more focused and prioritized than a long master wishlist. This list is more in depth than the 'what feature do you want most' thread that forces us to choose just one, when several new features are necessary. This is also different from Ian's top 25 list since that asked us to replace features from an existing list with some we'd prefer more.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 11-03-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Top 5 Madden 2010 Potential Deal-Breakers

1. Improved running game with ability to turn off turbo. A player's maxium speed should be reached when the analog stick is pressed all the way in one direction for a couple of seconds. Look at NHL 09. Why are we still Mario running ? 2K has it's running game skip down the line looking for a whole or following a blocker and smoothly breaking off one shoulder or the other, not running in place stuck on a O-lineman's back or having a D-linemen magically break his block and jet off the line for a tackle as the runner passes the line of scrimmage.

2. Better in game presentation, look at ESPN NFL 2K5 and that was 5 years ago. The stadium exteriors are a joke. Not every stadium is downtown with the same five cars driving in front of it.

3. Improved defense with better clock management from the CPU. In real life there is a chess match of adjustments that happen before the snap and with Madden 09 you guys gave us zero time to make defensive adjusts before the CPU snaps the ball. The patch helped, but the clock should be down under 10 seconds 95% of the time before the CPU snaps the ball. The that's why the cheeser crowd has the A/X button to rush to the line for 5 minute quarter games.

4. Improved Franchise mode with Owner mode features

5. Improved loading time between player info screens. Get rid of the player models if it means we can cycle through screens without having to wait for 2 to 5 seconds between every one.

Extra Credit. Give us back our sliders and options, camera angles too

Last edited by asu666; 11-03-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro

1. Sliders and On/Off Options for Everything
(camera, controller, etc... give the user the control)
100% agreement here. I'm gonna rent the game before I buy like I did with 09, but this is a big one for me. I'm tired of not being able to control and adjust things a lot more. I wanna be able to adjust gameplay, graphics, and presentation and when I say adjust I mean really adjust. I want adjustment/customization abilities that are a hybrid between NFL Fever 2004, and NFL 2K5.

And... another year of not having CPU sliders might be the end for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll play

-OL/DL interaction/AI - mainly OL/DL, but all blocking/avoidance interaction & AI really
-WR/DB interaction/AI
-Much improved & varied tackling animations
-Special Teams plays/blocking/formation
-Defensive tier play calling system (personnel, front, stunts, blitzes then coverage)
-Realistic momentum/physics - planting & prep steps for everyone, especially ball carriers, WRs during routes, DBs during coverage, would-be tacklers... yeah, everyone.

Was that 6? Ooops. These are all must haves for the game to look like football.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

My dealbreakers are:

1. Ratings that don't matter.
2. Broken IR rules.
3. Stupid drafting logic.
4. Random progression instead of awesome performance based progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Can we finally get in game saves!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

1. No Multiple camera angles or no user adjustable camera angles

If 2010 doesn't have these features no sale for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

If the franchise isn't vastly improved next year, I'll just get 2k5 and some updated rosters. How the richest most sucessful game company on the planet can't find the time to fix this broken is beyond me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »