Home

What's with all the hate on this site??

This is a discussion on What's with all the hate on this site?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: What's with all the hate on this site??

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
It's really quite pathetic and childish isn't it? It's just people of various age groups (from pimply-faced teenage dweebs to thirty-something social rejects) who simply have very little going on that's worthwhile in their lives and they've formed some sort of irrational hatred for EA out of some ridiculous allegiance to some rival corporation (as if any of them are any different from one another....some just have deeper pockets). Many of us were pissed initially when EA got the license, but those of us who posess things like objectivity and rational thought got over it relatively quickly. So now each year when the new product comes out they're just DYING to find things to whine about in order to paint the game as some sort of travesty to justify their irrational hatred and continue the cycle. As with anything, if you want to dislike something........you will.
Dont you think you chose some pretty harsh words there buddy with your charming stereotyping? Does it ever dawn on you that maybe some people are "REALLY" into gaming as in, like their hobby? Go to home theater forums, same thing happens with products like HDTV's,etc..i know, im a long time member at avsforum.com where i see the EXACT same thing going on in there that goes on in here with various products and these are grown men just like me with full time jobs, our own family's, our own houses, living on our own. I think you ruin your own creditability and you surely now look worse then the very people you point your finger at and degrade as you do..

Now hows that for some food for thought?

Simply put, look up the definition of the word "forum" and maybe something will ring a bell up there in that noggin of yours. People are pissed off in not having any real top notch NFL Football videogame to play for how many years now? I'll let you do the math.. but.. as i am,people want a freaking NFL football videogame thats much less buggy, has its basic flaws fixed and a game that does not feel DEAD and DEPRESSING when playing it. If you dont like what you see around here...take a F'n hike..simple as that, no need to sit here and complain about people you say are complaining too much,etc..

I know one thing, im sure glad i wasn't brought up the way you were... or what ever issues you have it seems.

Last edited by Moegames; 11-05-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I remember reading that. I think you and Bezo are the target audience for next year.

Oh and trust me, nobody thinks your special or important...

just so people know that last comment is/was meant as a joke
lmao....ok, good one!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #43
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Because when EA bought the lisence and became the only NFL game that meant they'd damn well better be getting it right and if they don't get it right they're gonna hear about it because they're the only ones that do it so no one else can do anything about it.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Dont you think you chose some pretty harsh words there buddy with your charming stereotyping? Does it ever dawn on you that maybe some people are "REALLY" into gaming as in, like their hobby? Go to home theater forums, same thing happens with products like HDTV's,etc..i know, im a long time member at avsforum.com where i see the EXACT same thing going on in there that goes on in here with various products and these are grown men just like me with full time jobs, our own family's, our own houses, living on our own. I think you ruin your own creditability and you surely now look worse then the very people you point your finger at and degrade as you do..

Simply put, look up the definition of the word "forum" and maybe something will ring a bell up there in that noggin of yours. People are pissed off in not having any real top notch NFL Football videogame to play for how many years now? I'll let you do the math.. but.. as i am,people want a freaking NFL football videogame thats much less buggy, has its basic flaws fixed and a game that does not feel DEAD and DEPRESSING when playing it. If you dont like what you see around here...take a F'n hike..simple as that, no need to sit here and complain about people you say are complaining too much,etc..

I know one thing, im sure glad i wasn't brought up the way you were... or what ever issues you have it seems.
I wonder if some of these people who complain about us complainers only had one McDonalds in their county, and their burgers tasted like sh#t, if they'd just eat 'em and like it, or if they'd complain until the product was improved to a satisfactory level.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:32 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I wonder if some of these people who complain about us complainers only had one McDonalds in their county, and their burgers tasted like sh#t, if they'd just eat 'em and like it, or if they'd complain until the product was improved to a satisfactory level.
Excellent analogy! Also, last time I checked, this site wasn't called "The Madden #%$kissers". This is a forum, to talk about ALL aspects of sports video games, good and bad.

And I think we ALL come here for that very reason....we like sports, and we like video games.

But, I would sooner think there would be a greater majority of complainers here, since the people who really love the game, as is, should be busy playing it. We (the "complainers") have more free time because we DON'T HAVE A FOOTBALL GAME TO PLAY as Madden is the only game in town, sadly.

And as long as there are devs from EA here, I'll keep posting. If they leave, so will I, because I will know it is futile to state my opinions to make the game better. I never posted one time here (even as a member for over 2 years) until I saw they were here.

If you don't like to read the negative comments, put people on your ignore list and stay out of the threads that bother you so deeply.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #46
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

well said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Excellent analogy! Also, last time I checked, this site wasn't called "The Madden #%$kissers". This is a forum, to talk about ALL aspects of sports video games, good and bad.

And I think we ALL come here for that very reason....we like sports, and we like video games.

But, I would sooner think there would be a greater majority of complainers here, since the people who really love the game, as is, should be busy playing it. We (the "complainers") have more free time because we DON'T HAVE A FOOTBALL GAME TO PLAY as Madden is the only game in town, sadly.

And as long as there are devs from EA here, I'll keep posting. If they leave, so will I, because I will know it is futile to state my opinions to make the game better. I never posted one time here (even as a member for over 2 years) until I saw they were here.

If you don't like to read the negative comments, put people on your ignore list and stay out of the threads that bother you so deeply.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #47
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

I love 09. People come here to let some steam off, I guess. Maybe to show people/devs how upset they are about the game. But it is true that 9/20 peeps will buy the game ethier way.
"It's like spraying Fabreeze on dirty underwear. Yup.. smells nice... but it's still dirty! People are just going to keep sniffing the dirty drawers, sadly."

I quoted this to get the "subquote"....his (Pared) analogy......only second to it being so profound is its asccuracy...quite colorful also. Nice visual....nice post.

75% of the Earths surface is covered by water......the remaining 25% is covered by Ichiro.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #48
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames

“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »