Home

Ian / Phil Time for mid season ratings change

This is a discussion on Ian / Phil Time for mid season ratings change within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #17
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ian / Phil Time for mid season ratings change

All I know is Kyle Orton needs to go up to around 90 overall. His ratings are WAY underrated and needs to be bumped significantly.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

It must all be in my head then. I'm a Chiefs fan, the Chiefs are rated a 71. With the Chiefs online my record is 19-40 a few losses are from quits and a few from disconnections. Just for the heck of it I played the last 5 games using the Titans rated a 89 and I'm now 24-40 so I've won all 5 games. It seems much easier to win with a higher rated team, so these overall team ratings must mean something.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
It must all be in my head then. I'm a Chiefs fan, the Chiefs are rated a 71. With the Chiefs online my record is 19-40 a few losses are from quits and a few from disconnections. Just for the heck of it I played the last 5 games using the Titans rated a 89 and I'm now 24-40 so I've won all 5 games. It seems much easier to win with a higher rated team, so these overall team ratings must mean something.
Yup, the individual players on the Titans are better than the individual players on the Chiefs.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
All I know is Kyle Orton needs to go up to around 90 overall. His ratings are WAY underrated and needs to be bumped significantly.
Kyle Orton, a 90? So, Matt Ryan should get like a 90/95 rating? I do agree with you that Kyle Orton should be rated a bit higher. Mid 80's sounds about right to me, but a 90!?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Yes. Ok this is just obvious, the reason you did better is because they are the Titans. They are alot better than the Chiefs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #22
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfly
Kyle Orton, a 90? So, Matt Ryan should get like a 90/95 rating? I do agree with you that Kyle Orton should be rated a bit higher. Mid 80's sounds about right to me, but a 90!?
Well, he HAS been one of the top QB's in the entire league so why not?

You mention Matt Ryan. Kyle Orton has more TDs, more passing yards, less INT, a higher QR rating, better pass PCT...and has played 3 less quarters to boot.

So whatever they have Matt Ryan at, Kyle needs to be atleast a few points higher overall.

Last edited by Nintari; 11-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Well, he HAS been one of the top QB's in the entire league so why not?

You mention Matt Ryan. Kyle Orton has more TDs, more passing yards, less INT, a higher QR rating, better pass PCT...and has played 3 less quarters to boot.

So whatever they have Matt Ryan at, Kyle needs to be atleast a few points higher overall.
Wow, the difference in stats between Matt Ryan and Kyle Orton is rather small. You make it come off like it's a huge difference, but it isn't.

There is no way Kyle Orton deserves a rating of 90. You are making much more sense when you say that he should be a few points higher than Matt Ryan. As I said in my previous message, mid 80's sounds about right.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfly
Wow, the difference in stats between Matt Ryan and Kyle Orton is rather small. You make it come off like it's a huge difference, but it isn't.

There is no way Kyle Orton deserves a rating of 90. You are making much more sense when you say that he should be a few points higher than Matt Ryan. As I said in my previous message, mid 80's sounds about right.
I just threw 90 out there. After doing a little research, I think you're right. 85-87 would be about right IMO.

Either way, I think everyone would agree he's one of the most underrated players in the game (apart from Packer fans lol).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »