Home

Did The Latest Update Take Out Field Degeneration

This is a discussion on Did The Latest Update Take Out Field Degeneration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Did The Latest Update Take Out Field Degeneration

Went online wed 11-5 to update rosters and I had to download the latest update 2.54 I think not sure anyway I have played a few games and Im noticing the field isnt getting torn up as it was before.
Did EA take that out? or is it toned down?
I enjoyed the field degeneration would be disappointed if it is gone completely.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Did The Latest Update Take Out Field Degeneration

That's weird. I didn't hear of any new updates. The last update actually put degradation in because the game out of the box didn't have it, and I think that was because of the graphic effects/post effects.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Banned

imo it still is lacking. the players get dirty not much though, but that field still doesn't look torn up on grass fields.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Rookie

It was wed. 11/5/08

I logged on to get a roster update and it made go to settings and get an update, I think it read update 2.54? something like that
and since then I have played 2 games and both times the field doesnt seem to show much deteriation almost like out of the box.

I just wander if anyone else has noticed?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
It was wed. 11/5/08

I logged on to get a roster update and it made go to settings and get an update, I think it read update 2.54? something like that
and since then I have played 2 games and both times the field doesnt seem to show much deteriation almost like out of the box.

I just wander if anyone else has noticed?
Hmm, havent played on-line. (other than to get a roster update and then quit.)

But with patch #2, playing in my Pat's Chise' (off-line)I see good field deteriation and dirty uni's during foul weather games.

Is it perhaps taken from on-line play to imporve game quality?

I can say though, that when its raining hard, the field detraites much more than it "did out of the box." And my guys get pretty muddy. Especailly my HB's and FB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Banned

when it is raining and such, the field gets torn up and the players are very dirty, but on the sunny days and on grass field. it does not look like they get as dirty, till close to the game being over.

the grass fields also have small patches all over the field but not like how the filed degrades in the last gen maddens.
it's there but it's not.

they say to cut off the action cam so you don't get that blue hue cause it was making the fields degrade less, but in all honesty i still don't notice it online or off.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
when it is raining and such, the field gets torn up and the players are very dirty, but on the sunny days and on grass field. it does not look like they get as dirty, till close to the game being over.

the grass fields also have small patches all over the field but not like how the filed degrades in the last gen maddens.
it's there but it's not.

they say to cut off the action cam so you don't get that blue hue cause it was making the fields degrade less, but in all honesty i still don't notice it online or off.
K, cool cool. thnx for the info!

I think I will be turning off the action came regardless. If not for anything else but to quicken how long it takes to play a game in real life minutes. (besides, I end up seeing most of those replays anyhow, since I like to watch the "5 big plays" during the half time and end game reports.)
Old 11-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Just for clarification; you're talking about the PS3 2.52 system update, it's not Madden-related at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »