Home

Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010

This is a discussion on Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 22
Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010

The Truck Rating should reflect Trucking Technique (More Yards covered with Shoulder Lowered)Based of the Players Weight and Momemtum instead of Trucking Results, So Players like Adrian Peterson who have been given a good truck Rating just does'nt Truck everything in sight with out a Care.

The Situation should Rule over the Ratings. Players with High Ratings Put themselves in Favorable Situations for their Skill sets, Player Tendencies Should be implemented and Emphasized based on their ratings, if a RB is small then the CPU's A.I. should'nt be trying to run over bigger would be tacklers

Strength Takes over in Low Momemtum Situations and Weight Takes Over in High Momemtum Situations, on Both Sides of the Ball.

Agility and Acceleration (besides the Juke and Spin Moves) should be Highly Emphasized so a Differance should be Seen and Felt between Steven Jackson and Adrian Peterson's basic Movements like how they Corner, Turn, Stop, Stutter Step, Accelerate to their top Speeds

Last edited by apexbronx; 05-01-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010

seems like trucking is less effective when holding sprint. in real life, i'd expect it to be even more effective when the ball carrier is running at full speed.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I think finesse RB's should not be able to truck much at all, and power RB's shouldn't be able to juke and spin very good, and it should reflect it in the way they move. Like when a power RB spins it should be a little slower than a finesse RB, and finesse RB's should not be able to stiff arm Defensive Linemen. The D-Line A.I needs tweaked so finesse RB's dont rely so heavily on trucking and stiff arms when they run up the middle.

I don't think they can change individual RB's styles though. I'm sure something like that would take a while.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 22

Hit Power on Defense Should Reflect the Same Physics as Trucking I Suggested earlier
Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Ian and Co should follow Oscar's philosophy here with Madden because its far past time to do so..........

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 11-14-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

By reading these threads, I'm really starting to realize why you guys say the ratings mean absolutely nothing.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I believe adding better, more realistic footwork(plants, prep steps before changes in direction, ect) would solve several issues.
  • We wouldn't have to use the jukes as much. Most moves by backs are cuts, not jukes. Even bigger backs plant & change direction on a regular basis, not necessarily juking.

• Quickness ratings would matter that much more. Quicker backs would need less prep steps to juke. Not as quick backs would need more. Quicker backs would accelerate quicker after changing direction. Not as quick backs would be slower out of cuts.

• Apex's suggestions, all good ones, would be that much easier to implement.

• The game would just look & feel more organic. The uber sensitive contols ruin the game and probably force EA to compensate in other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
I think finesse RB's should not be able to truck much at all, and power RB's shouldn't be able to juke and spin very good, and it should reflect it in the way they move. Like when a power RB spins it should be a little slower than a finesse RB, and finesse RB's should not be able to stiff arm Defensive Linemen. The D-Line A.I needs tweaked so finesse RB's dont rely so heavily on trucking and stiff arms when they run up the middle.
As long as they don't categorize backs as one or the other. Some, like Peterson, are both finesse & power.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Speed equals power, who would say that Jones-Drew, Warrick Dunn, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and many other smaller RBs don't run with power???? We need to stop steriotyping players!

What about a heart rating, or a passion rating??? We can add all the ratings we want...but it wont matter. They need to stop trying to rate these players...they do a horrible job at it, and players will always have good and bad performences from time to time.

Tyler Thigpin, Matt Cassell, Brad Johnson, and Kerry Collins are all perfect examples of how the rating system is very flawed. You cant just say..."Oh this guy is only this good." Then when the player plays way better then he's rated they adjust the rating to compensate for the fact that they misjudged the players ability.

It is a waste of time and resources to have someone re-rate players every week so the rates can be more in line with what happened the previous week, only to have to repeat the process.

Players have good games, bad games, and games in between. EA Sports knows this. Why wont they create players that are not limited to preset ratings that were set by people who dont even play pro football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »