Home

Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

This is a discussion on Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #89
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
3. It really concerns me when we have to give EA Sports this kind of feedback, its so obvious that I know they know this stuff. Ian, Phil, & the rest of those people they have working on this title are all intelligent and versed individuals who are more than able to deduce these things. I feel like I'm actually being played when they ask us this kind of stuff.

They have a ton of resources, and direct access to NFL players. They dont need me to tell them anything about how to make a great video game, they've been a leader in the gaming industry for decades. So its time to put up or shut up. No more excuses. No more "we didnt have time", or "our development cycle won't allow us to write all that new code", or any of that BS that I've been hearing. F**K DAT! Make the darn game do wat it do...
Then we wouldn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from being inolved.

I think some of these posts are just to make us feel like a part of the process. I think others are to judge how much we care about a specific element or how satisfied we'd be with the quality. If they really NEED to hear this stuff, a few folks need to be fired. It doesn't take a "hardcore" fan to see the posted drop back looks more like a highschool coaching video than an NFL QB. I doubt Ian watched this & said, "I think we nailed it! I can't wait to show this to OS."
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 52

Thanks all who posted feedback. I find it very disappointing that so many folks actually use the opportunity (of actually making changes in regards to the development of YOUR game) to complain about me actually asking for feedback, or how nothing will change in our game anyway, or what have you. Frankly, anyone with replies like that goes straight to my ignore list.

This is going to be a special year. One where each and every one of you can shape the direction of Madden NFL 2010. An opportunity none of us have ever experienced in the 20+ year history in football games. If you can't get yourself in a mindset where you actually want to help out rather than express blind hatred and cynicism, then I feel for you - because for the rest of us it's going to be an extremely fun and groundbreaking experience.

Again, thanks much to all those who provided feedback. I'll have another update on this (based directly on your feedback) in the coming weeks / months.

Ian
Old 11-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #91
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Thanks all who posted feedback. I find it very disappointing that so many folks actually use the opportunity (of actually making changes in regards to the development of YOUR game) to complain about me actually asking for feedback, or how nothing will change in our game anyway, or what have you. Frankly, anyone with replies like that goes straight to my ignore list.
Wow! Well, I'm sure I'm back on your ignore list, but...

Our game? Maybe you all have my address wrong. I haven't received any of my pay checks.

But did you really need feedback on that drop back? When you compared that to any of the 32 QBs starting in the NFL, did that look like any of them? Seriously Ian. Were you satisfied with that? Had everyone here said it was great, would you really put that in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 6

I dont want a college player trying to perform pro moves.Get real NFL players.EA knows this.They can access any player they need to fix any animation.Stop treating people who have spent their money for years like they are brand new. How come 2k5 could make such a great game without having to ask the gaming community how it looks?Im going to just wait and see if this game is as special as many are saying in 2010.My son is 9 and has about 5 kids his age over.None of them want to play Madden.Even some kids who play games as much as my son does can see it.No bashing Ian or anyone.People want the best.No excuses , no glitches , the best football game period.THE BEST.If thats not what 2010 is , let someone try.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Wow! Well, I'm sure I'm back on your ignore list, but...

Our game? Maybe you all have my address wrong. I haven't received any of my pay checks.

But did you really need feedback on that drop back? When you compared that to any of the 32 QBs starting in the NFL, did that look like any of them? Seriously Ian. Were you satisfied with that? Had everyone here said it was great, would you really put that in the game?
Read the message again...your feedback is welcome. All feedback is welcome. What isn't cool is people slamming me for actually asking for feedback. It is mind boggling to me that someone would actually say "stop asking us for feedback!" - you probably shouldn't be on these forums if that is your mindset. Why else would I be here?

As to your direct question, you saw through me - no I didn't want that animation in the game. If I wanted it in the game directly, I would have posted "Check out the new dropback animation". Instead I just wanted to see how you guys would react to something like this. I want people to pick it apart...provide suggestions (which tons of people did). That level of interaction is awesome. Guys saying things like "his arms are moving too much", or "it looks ok for shorter players, but get different ones for other guys". I love that stuff. Your feedback (Bezo) has actually been really good.

This is all our game. It's not my game, and I get paid. I see myself as a servant to you all - I want to deliver what you want. Why not consider it our game? You want your feedback to be implemented right? So then it's as much yours as it is mine as it is EA's.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #94
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

nm

Last edited by roadman; 11-14-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Ian beat me to the punch.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #95
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

lol...yet another thread where people are starting to complain about EA asking for our feedback. I guess I'll just never understand. No interaction=complaints. Steady interaction=complaints. I had a similar discussion in another thread. I'd ask again here...how can any request for feedback be considered a a negative? I think maybe if people let go of the "it shouldn't have been broken in the first place" mentality, it would be easier to see. I'm as skeptical about Madden's future as anyone, but why not take advantage of the opportunity to provide imput rather than question why it's being requested? Like I said, I guess I'll just never understand.

More on topic...Ian, I know it's been mentioned already, but what are the chances of capturing various situational dropback animations based on height, playstyle, etc? Not just signature animations for the big names, but some similar options for CAPs, lesser knowns, etc. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...yet another thread where people are starting to complain about EA asking for our feedback. I guess I'll just never understand. No interaction=complaints. Steady interaction=complaints. I had a similar discussion in another thread. I'd ask again here...how can any request for feedback be considered a a negative? I think maybe if people let go of the "it shouldn't have been broken in the first place" mentality, it would be easier to see. I'm as skeptical about Madden's future as anyone, but why not take advantage of the opportunity to provide imput rather than question why it's being requested? Like I said, I guess I'll just never understand.
Thanks for the backup - I feel the exact same way.

Quote:
More on topic...Ian, I know it's been mentioned already, but what are the chances of capturing various situational dropback animations based on height, playstyle, etc? Not just signature animations for the big names, but some similar options for CAPs, lesser knowns, etc. Thanks!

It's obviously a great feature...something we're actively looking into.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »