Home

Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

This is a discussion on Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #97
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...yet another thread where people are starting to complain about EA asking for our feedback. I guess I'll just never understand. No interaction=complaints. Steady interaction=complaints.
You just cant please some people. There is always gonna be those people who complain no matter what. Just dont let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
No more excuses. No more "we didnt have time", or "our development cycle won't allow us to write all that new code", or any of that BS that I've been hearing. F**K DAT! Make the darn game do wat it do...

No excuses damnit.
What would you like me to say here...every single game on the planet has restrictions on what they can do. Only so much work can be done in a given year. Can we get past this and do the best with what we have (which is still going to be a whole hell of a lot)?

P.S. Slightly off topic...how do we get to where I am asking for feedback about a dropback, and it turns into you telling me I have to put in every feature ever requested in the history of the world? I'd rather us not go down that path in every thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #99
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Its simply amazing that for years, people on these boards bitched because they wanted someone from EA to listen to their ideas, their suggestions. People felt that putting ideas in the wishlist was nothing more than a waste of time because no way in hell anyone from EA would read it.

Well here we are today. We have the Senior Producer & the lead gameplay guy here listening to our complaints, concerns, suggestions and they are actively asking for feedback on aspects of the game, but yet, people just want to bitch about that. I am ****ing amazed, I truly am. We have the chance to interact and see "our suggestions" come to life so to speak, but too many people want to litter the thread with negativity and bitch.

Now people are saying that EA's in bigger trouble because they are seeking the help of the gamers. Please explain to me how in the world that makes any sense. You want the game to be a certain way, include something, now you have the ear of the two most important people on the project, but instead of offering up your suggestion, you use the opportunity to be a dick. Congratulations.

I must say, that I am almost ashamed to be a part of OS right now. Its really quite sad when we have the opportunity that we've begged for, and we let it go to waste because we can't get off our ****ing soap box.

One more thing, come next August, for those of you that want to do nothing more than bitch instead of help, please don't litter the thread with your complaints of how something you felt should be in the game, done differently, or what have you isn't there. You had your opportunity, and you let it go to waste.

-CB

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #100
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Its simply amazing that for years, people on these boards bitched because they wanted someone from EA to listen to their ideas, their suggestions. People felt that putting ideas in the wishlist was nothing more than a waste of time because no way in hell anyone from EA would read it.

Well here we are today. We have the Senior Producer & the lead gameplay guy here listening to our complaints, concerns, suggestions and they are actively asking for feedback on aspects of the game, but yet, people just want to bitch about that. I am ****ing amazed, I truly am. We have the chance to interact and see "our suggestions" come to life so to speak, but too many people want to litter the thread with negativity and bitch.

Now people are saying that EA's in bigger trouble because they are seeking the help of the gamers. Please explain to me how in the world that makes any sense. You want the game to be a certain way, include something, now you have the ear of the two most important people on the project, but instead of offering up your suggestion, you use the opportunity to be a dick. Congratulations.

I must say, that I am almost ashamed to be a part of OS right now. Its really quite sad when we have the opportunity that we've begged for, and we let it go to waste because we can't get off our ****ing soap box.

One more thing, come next August, for those of you that want to do nothing more than bitch instead of help, please don't litter the thread with your complaints of how something you felt should be in the game, done differently, or what have you isn't there. You had your opportunity, and you let it go to waste.

-CB
Bingo.

I deleted my post, but it was along the same path as CB's, but he said it better than I did.

I think some of us need to end dwelling in the past and preparing for the future. I know Madden has been lacking in game play areas and definitely presentation, but we can't do anything (except not buy the game) to change the past. I do think Phil and Ian should get the benefit of the doubt because Madden is under new leadership. It's not going to be righted overnight and have everything we want the first year, either, but I feel it's headed in the right direction.(just a hunch)

I've already traded in Madden a few weeks ago because I thought it was stale.

For instance, if I'm doing a project at work and I think I came up with a brilliant idea that saves the company time and money and a vendor from the outside comes and looks at the project and gave a suggestion and some constructive criticism to the affect of; This looks ok, but I think it would be better if you added the widgets under here. I don't mind that type of feedback, do you? (even if I'm the so called expert. I'm not perfect by any means)

My .02 cents

Last edited by roadman; 11-14-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #101
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

OVR: 5

The video isn't that bad. The reason most people are complaining is because it looks unnatural because the guy is (a) short and (b) left handed. Not your typical nfl qb unless chris simms and leinart get starting jobs anytime soon!

And we shouldnt be able to break out of the drop. it just doesn't happen. an nfl qb drops back in under 2 secs! it would take longer for him to stop up than it would to finish dropping back. For people who worry about losing control just play fifa 09. it might be frustrating to lose the ball the first few times because the players dont react instantly but then you just learn to play the game the right way. ie not with the sprint button held down

and ian thanks for taking the time to look for feedback. and by the way i love the lt and peterson celebrations on vimeo. its touches like that make those players unique!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Why not consider it our game? You want your feedback to be implemented right? So then it's as much yours as it is mine as it is EA's.
Excellent, thank you! Keep up the good work...

Please don't let a few bad apples ruin OS for you, Ian... It may take some extra work to filter through all the garbage that people spew, but I'm betting you expected some immature fools along the way, even before you ever started posting here.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

-CB
Please sticky this post and put it the top of this forum. It truly amazes me the lengths some people go just to complain. What also gets me is the people that come on here to complain, saying they never want to buy the game again, yet as soon as they see Ian they are the first to start throwing ideas at him left and right telling him how the game can be better. It's not even about picking sides, or stating whether or not you hate EA as a company, just be thankful that what we have requested for years we have finally got....

the developers of Madden listening to us and actively making changes based on OUR feedback.

They aren't working in a bubble anymore - as evidenced by last year with Ian making changes left and right before the game shipped - I am truly excited as there is finally change in positive direction.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 11

Ian, please re-do this mo-cap. This looks bad. Maybe bring in some real NFL backups, should be able to get them relatively easily and not cost a bundle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »