Home

Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

This is a discussion on Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Requesting feedback on 5-step drop animation

the fact that he's left handed makes it look slightly off
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 25

Hold on, is that the only qb drop animation you are going to have?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
He volunteered to re-do our default QB drop animation(s).
Default as in style or steps? Are you all doing 3, 5 & 7 step drops?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #20
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

The key is variation. Here's a question, though...

Is there any chance of having current NFL quarterbacks lend their time for some motion capture?

This would probably be something for after the season, but seriously, why not get the actual players? So many of them are Madden fans. I think they'd be excited about providing the movements. What better way is there of having the Madden QBs move like their real life counterparts?

Thanks for sharing the video, Ian!

Last edited by FootballDetails; 11-11-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

alldue respact, nice try, all i wanna kno is how will it relate to the game engine itself???? f*ck how it looks they should be trying to improve on gameplay imo
p.s. thx to the guy who youtubed the best qb dropping back because if they woulda showed us a vid of him instead then there wouldnt be any argument as to what needed to be improved upon

Last edited by frankrizzo380; 11-11-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

It was way to rigid and choppy. If at all possible motion capture the actual quarterbacks. Or could you take a generic dropback like this one and tweak it to fit the style of current QB's? In regards to moving or throwing in the dropback it does happen in the NFL. QB's just arm throw it at that point (usually flats to the RB, slants, and other quick or outlet routes). And if the blitz is coming QB's do break out of their dropback and either step back up into the pocket or roll out left or right. It's a good start though.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:04 AM   #23
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

I think that may look alright for some QB's. Quite tight posture, could relax a bit. I do like how he keeps the ball down though. I never see a QB in pro level hold the ball like they do in Madden.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

I think the biggest thing is we need more variety. P Manning does not drop back like Jeff Garcia. Same thing with throwing styles/animations. The more the merrier. I understand you cannot get them all in but atleast 5-10 different variations. Same thing with rb's/wr's they need different run styles and animations.

Now I know that EA has the man power and the $$$ to get this done correctly and should not be getting out performed by NBA2k team who probably sells 1/3 of amount of gams that Madden sells. So for them to have players likenesses down perfectly and Madden not (for its star players anyways) is insane IMO.

When Im playing using Lebron James I FEEL LIKE IM LEBRON JAMES. In Madden i dont get that same feeling when Im using different players. All qb's feel/play the same. We need more depth/variety. We need someone with passion who wants this thing to play/look like the NFL we see on Sundays. Not someone who cuts around the corners.

Ian I feel like you are going to bring madden back but in order to do so you have to understand how off madden is compared to games like the NBA2k9 or MLB the SHow 08 or NHL 09 sadly NFL2k5. There is not 1 other aspect in madden other then great graphics that you could say does better than any of those games. ANd for madden being king of all games sold it is a disgrace.

Sorry if I went off-topic there its just that I love football and i really want to love madden like I did on the ps2 and it kills me to see this game fail while others are getting better and better.

To answer the question that animation looks fine but not for taller qb's 6'3 and over. They would take longer strides and maybe a bit slower. VARIETY IS KEY!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »