Home

IAN---True or False!?

This is a discussion on IAN---True or False!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: IAN---True or False!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
WE ARE the true sim developers from the past.

If you're so positive it will be terrible, how about a friendly wager?

Hey... atleast your confident you will be able to put out a good product.

There is something positive to be said for that!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't expect everything in 2010, but I do expect gameplay and presentations ramped up.
See thats just it your already giving them a pass on 2010 they have had PLENTY of time to get it right. I DO EXPECT EVERYTHING in 2010 along with @95% of the people on here. Im sorry but Im not giving them "This is Ians first year give him time" As far as myself and 95% of the board is concern this is EA's 5th year GET IT RIGHT!! If your current team cant do it(Tiburoun) time to get rid of them and get people that can do it! Sorry to go here but.......... Imagine what 2k9 would have been by now!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #75
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Sorry to go here but.......... Imagine what 2k9 would have been by now!
EA's property?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
See thats just it your already giving them a pass on 2010 they have had PLENTY of time to get it right. I DO EXPECT EVERYTHING in 2010 along with @95% of the people on here. Im sorry but Im not giving them "This is Ians first year give him time" As far as myself and 95% of the board is concern this is EA's 5th year GET IT RIGHT!! If your current team cant do it(Tiburoun) time to get rid of them and get people that can do it! Sorry to go here but.......... Imagine what 2k9 would have been by now!
It depends upon what you mean by everything. I think that bar is set too high if you think everything plus the kitchen sinks goes into 10. If you mean if they bring back last gen stuff, update AI, game play and presentation, then I'm on the same page. I just don't think a one year cycle and they can make everyone a happy camper. Everyone has different expectations, so, therefore, not everyone's expectations will be met.

If they throw everything in , what's left for 11, 12, etc.....?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
It depends upon what you mean by everything. I think that bar is set too high if you think everything plus the kitchen sinks goes into 10. If you mean if they bring back last gen stuff, update AI, game play and presentation, then I'm on the same page. I just don't think a one year cycle and they can make everyone a happy camper. Everyone has different expectations, so, therefore, not everyone's expectations will be met.

If they throw everything in , what's left for 11, 12, etc.....?
You right we all do have different expectations. This is what I would expect them to have in 2010. Better OL/DL interaction than 2k5... Better WR/DB interaction than 2k5....Better presentation and ESPN integration than 2k5.... Signature styles for ALL QB's...... The Best AI EVER in SPORTS video game not just football. Realistic movement no more MJ at LB and CB... etc etc etc.... Hopefully that is not to much to ask

EDIT: Forgot to add better tackling and gang tackling than 2k5 and no more WWE style tackles...

Last edited by Ram209; 11-18-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #78
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
You right we all do have different expectations. This is what I would expect them to have in 2010. Better OL/DL interaction than 2k5... Better WR/DB interaction than 2k5....Better presentation and ESPN integration than 2k5.... Signature styles for ALL QB's...... The Best AI EVER in SPORTS video game not just football. Realistic movement no more MJ at LB and CB... etc etc etc.... Hopefully that is not to much to ask
lol...I think it's all quite possible with the exception of sig styles for ALL QB's (maybe the big names and a few generic ones, but I doubt all) and "best AI EVER in Sports video game." The AI request is nearly impossible for two reasons, IMO.

One, it's partially subjective (there are people who think 2K5 had the best AI ever and others who think it's very suspect).

Two, with all the other things we want inroduced (like the sig styles and interactions) it's bound to lead for more opportunity for bugs/glitches. Now, they can be refined, but to expect them to be perfect off tops is a bit of a stretch.

That said though, my expectations are pretty high as well (though I would add a STRONG franchise focus in presentation/features) and I'm hoping Ian can deliver.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #79
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
WE ARE the true sim developers from the past.

If you're so positive it will be terrible, how about a friendly wager?
Wow, this is turning into a blood bath, lol! But since you're talking about wagers and all......I'd like to get in on this. Can you PM me and we can discuss how we can make this happen? I got some good ideas for a wager............................................. ..................

Now that that's been said, I appreciate you guys coming over and reading what we are asking from and of you. I for one think that game play and presentation should be front and foremost on your agenda, I really don't give a rat's *** if the socks are the wrong color.

If those two things can be addressed first, then I believe that most people will be able to look past those minor issues. I would hope that these ideas are being taken to those who are higher up than you, so they can see the at least from the online community how their product is being preceived. I'm no head programmer, designer, etc, but if I were, I'd be a little concerned that a game that's almost 5 years old (NFL 2K5) is being held up in such high regard to all of the so called next gen football games that have been released.

And I may just want to ask why is this?!? Just something to snack on. Peace.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #80
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I agree with you Roadman.

I too question just what is possible in just one dev cycle. Now I don't want to let EA off the hook here. I'm disappointed with where this generation of Madden is at, at this point like most others. But I do wonder if many gamers frustration is going to lead to unreal expectations, for next years game.

I may be way off base here but...I sense that many are hoping/expecting Madden 2010 to be NFL2K5 [or beyond] with a deep franchise mode and next gen graphics...generally speaking. Personally I believe it should have been that by now...but can Ian & Co get it there all in one year...and done correctly? I wish I could say I'm confident they will or can, but I have my doubts. Of course bear in mind I don't know anything about this stuff either.

I guess I'm kind of conditioned not to expect too much outta Madden with this generation of games, and that mindset has sadly served me well. If Ian can just get Madden back to where it was...hell, I'll be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »