Home

IAN---True or False!?

This is a discussion on IAN---True or False!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: IAN---True or False!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think it would be a reeaaally big mistake to make a big deal of chain gang's and ref's returning. It's one of those things where you just mention it in passing and quickly move to the next thing. Anything more and the public will never let them hear the end of it.

to be honest man, there isn't anything they can do without it being blown up or taken to levels that it doesn't deserve to go in all honesty.

Before '09 released, people complained about the lack of refs and chain gangs and how it was a big deal that they weren't included. And now that it seems as though they may be included, people are saying how its not a big deal and already seemingly jumping to the conclusion that EA is going to hang their hat on this inclusion.

The thing is, there isn't anything they can do nowadays without getting some sort of backlash for it. Whether its deserved or not.

The article this thread references was written back in July of this year. And it makes no mention of EA saying that refs/chain gangs are in the game. But I guarantee you that if for some reason, neither of the two are in the game next year, people will state how EA said that refs and chain gangs would be in this year.

Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
to be honest man, there isn't anything they can do without it being blown up or taken to levels that it doesn't deserve to go in all honesty.

Before '09 released, people complained about the lack of refs and chain gangs and how it was a big deal that they weren't included. And now that it seems as though they may be included, people are saying how its not a big deal and already seemingly jumping to the conclusion that EA is going to hang their hat on this inclusion.

The thing is, there isn't anything they can do nowadays without getting some sort of backlash for it. Whether its deserved or not.

The article this thread references was written back in July of this year. And it makes no mention of EA saying that refs/chain gangs are in the game. But I guarantee you that if for some reason, neither of the two are in the game next year, people will state how EA said that refs and chain gangs would be in this year.

Just my .02
I think the reason why people made it a big deal is cause something seemingly so easy to do, they still had not done it. All I am saying now that they are doing this (i assume) dont make it a big deal, just mention it in passing. Because its really not a great achievement that they finally added refs something 2k did years ago. Dont get me wrong its great that they did but instead of saying great job EA we should be saying about damn time EA. Now they just have to fix the other 999 REAL ISSUES with the game then they could start acting like Micheal Irvin!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #27
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Phil if this is indeed true please dont go chest thumping and touting this as a "feature" or making madden the "real" NFL experience. Take the Barry Sanders approach hand the ball to the ref and go back to the sideline. Been there done that, approach dont be Micheal Irvin and celebrate like its 1999 when you get a first down! to sum it up do not tout something that was in a game 5 years ago and should have been in yours 5years ago!
Co-sign. In Phil's post, it certainly seems like they will use the refs and chain gangs ans a marketing tool. I am not saying they will, but that is what i get out of the post. If in fact it will be used as a marketing tool, that right there shows one of the main reasons this series is so far behind what it should be.

I know my comments won't be to popular with some people, but its how I feel.

Last edited by PVarck31; 11-13-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think it would be a reeaaally big mistake to make a big deal of chain gang's and ref's returning. It's one of those things where you just mention it in passing and quickly move to the next thing. Anything more and the public will never let them hear the end of it.
I'm assuming you weren't around here last year when they said it wasn't in the game. This place was up in arms over this not being in.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
We won't answer questions like this until after the Super Bowl. We of course have the answer and would love to close the issue but our marketing friends wouldn't be happy.

In fact, we actually had an early screenshot ready to release but marketing shot it down for being too early.

Phil

I'm assuming a screenshot means that yes, they are both in, and they were ready to show them off. If this is the case, good job guys!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
I think the reason why people made it a big deal is cause something seemingly so easy to do, they still had not done it. All I am saying now that they are doing this (i assume) dont make it a big deal, just mention it in passing. Because its really not a great achievement that they finally added refs something 2k did years ago. Dont get me wrong its great that they did but instead of saying great job EA we should be saying about damn time EA. Now they just have to fix the other 999 REAL ISSUES with the game then they could start acting like Micheal Irvin!
Madden did it years ago as well. I'm not saying that they should be given a standing ovation for adding refs in, I'm not saying that at all.

What I am saying or wondering is why people feel the need to presume that they are going to "toot their own horn" for adding them in. If EA adds them in great. I am happy. I am not going to say great job, thank you, or anythng along those lines, but I'm also not going to "attack" them for adding them in. Remember, they had to get the PS3 to 60fps this year. Meaning they had to focus on the players first and getting them up to speed, before having to account for other persons. Is that a valid reason or an excuse? Its up to the individual gamer to decide. But I don't feel as though, at least for this topic, they deserve the backlash and assumptions they are receiving.

Again, just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 11-13-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #31
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I dunno...I've been playing a lot of 2K5 for my football fix lately and refs and chain gangs are no biggie to me...In fact, I don't even notice them. What IS big to me (presentation wise) is the stat overlays, cutscenes, halftime and pre/post game shows and highlights, player spotlights, challenge system, injury animations and reporting, recognizeable penalties, and so on. I forgot how much I missed those little things. Chain Gangs and Refs though are just ehh for me (though I realize how important they are for quite a few).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #32
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

I'm assuming a screenshot means that yes, they are both in, and they were ready to show them off. If this is the case, good job guys!
I didn't say what the screenshot contained. We already have a handful of new features in the game and it could have easily been any one of them.

People already getting testy about a non-announcement of a feature that may or may not be in next year's product. This is going to be a fun year.

Phil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »